Page 1 of 78 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: News about ex-Liverpool players

Administrator

Default News about ex-Liverpool players

Let's keep this thread about ex-Liverpool players, i. e. those who are now with other clubs, not those Liverpool players who are retired.

To start off Anelka's new club, Fenerbahce lost 2-1 (3-1 agg.) to Real Zaragoza tonight in the UEFA Cup. Anelka started but didn't score.

It was a busy night for ex-LFC players with Anelka, Babbel, and Eric Meijer all crashing out (Meijer scored for wee little Alemuenia). Actually, the only LFC player to survive was Cheyrou who I believe is still on the books (also scored). Maybe someone out there knows something about winning class after all.
    On another note, Valencia bowed out to those giants of football Steau Bucharest. That means under Ranieri, Valencia has only won the lesser King's Cup once but in the 5 year interval under Cuper and Benitez, they took the Liga, Uefa Cup and twice made the Champion's League final. I point this out in reference to Albert's arguement that Ranieri was responsible for Valencia's success.

Administrator

Robbie got 2 tonight, including an injury time winner for Man. City as they fought back from two down to win 3-2 over Norwich.

Administrator

Bruce having problems keeping a job.........
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlin...327373&cc=5739

Default Henchoz nicked for speeding...

1st Team Regular rcinsanered1974's Avatar

Talking Speed

And I thought he lost a step

Babbel scores another winner for Stuttgart taking them up to 3rd place. Wish we had a guy like that.

Jari Litmanen scored for the Finns today in their 4-3 loss to the Czech Rep. Milan scored in the first 7 minutes too...
    You'll Never Walk Alone

And what a goal it was, a scissor kicked half volley from a long cross coming in form the corner. Glad to see the Jari still has it, too bad their defense was such crap.

In other news, ex-LFC and loaned players were more conspicious in thier abscence. Diarra, Diao, Heskey, Henchoz, and Titi Camara didn't reach the pitch for thier respective countries. Babbel and Biscan haven't figured in in quite awhile. Garcia came on as the sixth substitute in a meaningless friendly. Steve Finnan had a mostly solid game and Jerzy got another clean sheet.

No doubt about it, Diouf was the Liverpool player of the day.

diouf ran riot from what i hear, played superb. not mentioned yet, is that mikey owen scored one for england too.
    You'll Never Walk Alone