Thread: We like the guard of honour, we're taking your trophy. City away.

Administrator

Default We like the guard of honour, we're taking your trophy. City away.

Truth is stranger than fiction; we wrap up the title and our next game is against the previous holders at their house. So for the first time in many, many years, we get a guard of honor as champions. 30 years ago, I suppose the boys might well have still been on the piss and this would have been a game the inveterate gamblers would have loved. Today? Not so much.

This Liverpool side and their manager is made of stern stuff and I do not believe for a moment that they will view the remaining games as pre-season friendlies; Klopp won't allow it. I don't know if he has his eyes on the other records (107 points, etc.) that can be set, but I suspect that neither team nor manager wants to lose to City. So I expect to see a full strength side. Where things might get a little strange could be the subs bench, where youth might be given its head. And if Klopp is feeling sentimental, Lallana will get a run out, but not a start.

I expect City to take this reasonably seriously as they will want to show that they're not 20+ points worse than Liverpool. (They are). But if Liverpool play like they did against Palace, I could see City throwing in the towel in the middle of the second half.

Same side as Palace, with Henderson, Fabinho and Wijnaldum in the middle of the park.

Administrator

Default Re: We like the guard of honour, we're taking your trophy. City away.

Alisson;

Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson;

Wijnaldum, Henderson, Fabinho;

Salah, Firmino, Mané.

Subs: Adrian, Milner, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Minamino, Origi, Jones, Elliott, Williams

Moving right along...
    "A football team is like a piano. You need eight men to carry it and three who can play the damn thing."
    - Bill Shankly

Administrator

Ha! Indeed…

Administrator

Shamelessly nicked from FB.

86. Liverpool
    85. lost
    84. four
    83. nil
    82. last
    81. night,
    80. but
    79. they
    78. did
    77. get
    76. a