Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Champions!

Administrator

Default Re: Champions!

Oh, how I wish I had saved or bookmarked this tweet or that my history wasn't erased on shutdown. I was surfing, bouncing from site to site, post to post, link to link reading about our newfound status as champions of just about everything and everywhere.

So late yesterday evening, after United had scrambled an extra time winner against Norwich in the QFs on the FA Cup, I came across a tweet from an absolutely rabid, Scouse-hating Manc. As I say, I cannot for the life of me find it now.

Anyway, Maguire pings in the winner, Utd go on to win. And this tweet pops up, saying how ecstatic, completely over the moon he is that United and Maguire have ruined the weekend and the rest of the season and all celebrations for the Scousers by taking the spotlight away from them with United's march into the semi-finals of the FA Cup.

That Scousers must be absolutely fuming with Maguire, who is by far and away the best defender in the world, that he had ruined their title winning celebrations, that after 30 years, United continue to ruin things for Liverpool.

I was certain this was a parody account, so I delved deeper; nope! On the level, straight up Manc-spporting, Scouse-hating United fan. Ye gods...

Anfield Sub

The Triumph of Merseyball: How Liverpool Won the Premier League

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/26/s...gue-title.html
    Tony

Administrator

Thanks, olt. Really good article.

Administrator

As good a thread as any for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkand View Post
    Oh, how I wish I had saved or bookmarked this tweet or that my history wasn't erased on shutdown. I was surfing, bouncing from site to site, post to post, link to link reading about our newfound status as champions of just about everything and everywhere.

So late yesterday evening, after United had scrambled an extra time winner against Norwich in the QFs on the FA Cup, I came across a tweet from an absolutely rabid, Scouse-hating Manc. As I say, I cannot for the life of me find it now.

Anyway, Maguire pings in the winner, Utd go on to win. And this tweet pops up, saying how ecstatic, completely over the moon he is that United and Maguire have ruined the weekend and the rest of the season and all celebrations for the Scousers by taking the spotlight away from them with United's march into the semi-finals of the FA Cup.

That Scousers must be absolutely fuming with Maguire, who is by far and away the best defender in the world, that he had ruined their title winning celebrations, that after 30 years, United continue to ruin things for Liverpool.

I was certain this was a parody account, so I delved deeper; nope! On the level, straight up Manc-spporting, Scouse-hating United fan. Ye gods...
    Living rent-free in the mind of the deluded and salty, almost as tasty as gammon
    TGLucario- YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE

we need another decent forward...who will take the chances afforeded him....will we now struggle to maintain our hold on second spot.... - birkenheadred

maybe Connie could be our Forward player we need ... she'll scare away the defenders to leave an open path to good - TGL

H'mmm, the new Michael Owen! Cute and scary at the same time! - Uncle Spike

R.I.P. Rocol - You'll Never Walk Alone

Administrator

You wonder how we won it? We had God on our side…

Hi, its been a while, just thought I would drop in and say hello. Whereas there in no doubt these are crazy times we live in there is maybe nothing crazier than we are league champions again (tongue in cheek). I wish you all and your families the very best of health. Stay safe. Ive missed you all. STL.
    "obviously not real scousers then"

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Hi, its been a while, just thought I would drop in and say hello. Whereas there in no doubt these are crazy times we live in there is maybe nothing crazier than we are league champions again (tongue in cheek). I wish you all and your families the very best of health. Stay safe. Ive missed you all. STL.
    Good to hear from you. As a thought experiment consider renting an open-top red bus and having yourself driven around your city (alone or with you nuclear family) while drinking beer (Carlsberg naturally). Preferably while wearing a CHAMPIONS! shirt and maybe wearing a gold medal made out of one of those foil-and-chocolate coins. We could schedule it so we each have our own "We won the league!" parade simultaneously.

Only you can help put the "U" back in Unbearable.
    ‘How many mistakes are you allowed?’ Klopp asked the fourth official. ‘Because if it’s 15, you’ve got one left.’

Administrator

You win one championship in 30 years and everyone comes flooding back Waiting on Flying Pig, Uncle Spike, Delaware Red, TRDW to name but a few...