Thread: 5 more points, 3 here please. Palace at home.

Administrator

Default 5 more points, 3 here please. Palace at home.

I would like to think that we're not going to win the title by edging there a point at a time. There was no doubting that we were flat in in the derby which was to be expected. But. There's always a but. We were more like the stuttering team that closed out before the break than anything seen before Christmas. What was somewhat lost in the derby was until our stumble, Everton was a game we would have won with some late fireworks.

And so to Palace. They're playing decent enough football of the calibre of Spurs, Arsenal, Wolves and United. They've a very outside chance of CL football, but the Europa league is more realistic and even that might be a stretch. Even still, I'd prefer they have nothing to play for, a la Burnley at City last night.

It would appear that Milner will be out and Matip might be unavailable. Shaqiri is still down, but Salah and Robertson should be back. I was surprised to see Matip start over Gomez against Everton, but I suspect Gomez will start here, as will Salah in place of Minamino up front. Henderson starts on midfield and I wonder if Keita might also as he gave a good account of himself at Goodison. Fabinho was off the boil, so unless Henderson drops into that role which would see Wijnaldum start then, I think it'll be Henderson, Fabinho and Keita.

Yes, I'll take a scrambled 1-0, 93' minute own goal off Benteke's not inconsiderable arse, but I'd prefer a free flowing 3-0 win, just to show the team has regained its mojo.

Default Re: 5 more points, 3 here please. Palace at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkand View Post
    I would like to think that we're not going to win the title by edging there a point at a time. There was no doubting that we were flat in in the derby which was to be expected. But. There's always a but. We were more like the stuttering team that closed out before the break than anything seen before Christmas. What was somewhat lost in the derby was until our stumble, Everton was a game we would have won with some late fireworks.

And so to Palace. They're playing decent enough football of the calibre of Spurs, Arsenal, Wolves and United. They've a very outside chance of CL football, but the Europa league is more realistic and even that might be a stretch. Even still, I'd prefer they have nothing to play for, a la Burnley at City last night.

It would appear that Milner will be out and Matip might be unavailable. Shaqiri is still down, but Salah and Robertson should be back. I was surprised to see Matip start over Gomez against Everton, but I suspect Gomez will start here, as will Salah in place of Minamino up front. Henderson starts on midfield and I wonder if Keita might also as he gave a good account of himself at Goodison. Fabinho was off the boil, so unless Henderson drops into that role which would see Wijnaldum start then, I think it'll be Henderson, Fabinho and Keita.

Yes, I'll take a scrambled 1-0, 93' minute own goal off Benteke's not inconsiderable arse, but I'd prefer a free flowing 3-0 win, just to show the team has regained its mojo.
    Probably didn't want to be in the position of having Gomez play 90 minutes if he had to move him over to LB (which he did). I think Gomez is still first choice at CB - then Virgil ;-)
    ‘How many mistakes are you allowed?’ Klopp asked the fourth official. ‘Because if it’s 15, you’ve got one left.’

Administrator

I also thought that our attack was better with Gomez at LB than Milner.

Administrator

Alisson,

Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, van Dijk, Robertson,

Henderson, Fabinho, Wijnaldum,

Salah, Firmino, Mane.

Subs: Lovren, Keita, Adrian, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Minamino, Origi, Jones, Elliott, Williams.

Administrator

Infinitely more satisfying.