Thread: It's good to be back!! The Bitters at Bitter Palace

Administrator

Default It's good to be back!! The Bitters at Bitter Palace

As I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted by a virus....firstly, hope all 6-10 of us and families on here have survived this thing. The LFCNY has lost one member that I know of, Martin Addison who died on the front lines I believe; a good man, I knew him and he appeared on an episode or two of MP Red back in the day. If anyone wants to contribute to the GoFundMe for his family, it's here.

First game back, in quest of the title. As we all know any combination of 6 points gained for us and lost for City gives us the title. It is just a matter of time and no, I'm not tempting fate. It would require a turnaround of mythic proportions for the title not to come home to Anfield. Arsenal can help if they beat City, but I don't see that; it would be nice to claim the title with a win at Goodison, but I suspect it's more likely that it'll be against Palace at home.

It's going to be interesting with no crowds; if there's one team that feeds off the passions of the fans, especially at home, it's us. Still, our quality up and down back to front is just too good to lose the title now. Like all derbies, this will be far from a walk in the park, at least initially. It really is difficult to know how the teams will play, but I do suspect most teams will have no or very few injury worries. I think AOC and Shaqiri might be slight doubts. As ever the team will pick itself at least the back 5 and front 3. Henderson and Fabinho 2 of the three in midfield, joined by Keita who apparently has been playing well behind closed doors recently. They might be a chance of Jones I suppose and I do think the kids will get a run out for the remaining games.

5 PL games is the qualifying mark for a medal, so they'll have that on their minds.

I know nada about Everton except that they were playing crap before the break and that I don't believe they have what it takes. I can see a draw here, but more likely a return to winning ways for the mentality monsters.

Default Re: It's good to be back!! The Bitters at Bitter Palace

I've taken a bit of a sabbatical, in terms of keeping up with the detailed day-to-day gossip & goings on, so I really have no idea who is fit and and who isn't, but I think we're more or less at full strength. While I agree about Anfield and the advantage, an empty Goodison will be a weird derby for sure. Full-strength best 11 for two more games, please, then I can take a nap!
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I've taken a bit of a sabbatical, in terms of keeping up with the detailed day-to-day gossip & goings on, so I really have no idea who is fit and and who isn't, but I think we're more or less at full strength. While I agree about Anfield and the advantage, an empty Goodison will be a weird derby for sure. Full-strength best 11 for two more games, please, then I can take a nap!
    In that case you'll be excited to learn that we are buying Mbappé. At last we have a backup at left back. /S
    ‘How many mistakes are you allowed?’ Klopp asked the fourth official. ‘Because if it’s 15, you’ve got one left.’

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkand View Post
    Arsenal can help if they beat City, but I don't see that…
    Had I remembered that David Luiz was still in the Arsenal ranks, I would have been more emphatic in my lack of faith in Arteta’s side. As we saw, even sitting on the bench, Luiz is a threat. The shame is that he doesn’t play for City or serially for our next batch of opponents.

Administrator

Alisson;

Alexander-Arnold, Matip, van Dijk, Milner;

Henderson, Fabinho, Keita;

Minamino, Firmino, Mane.

Substitutes: Adrian, Lovren, Gomez, Williams, Wijnaldum, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Elliott, Salah, Origi.

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkand View Post
    Alisson;

Alexander-Arnold, Matip, van Dijk, Milner;

Henderson, Fabinho, Keita;

Minamino, Firmino, Mane.

Substitutes: Adrian, Lovren, Gomez, Williams, Wijnaldum, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Elliott, Salah, Origi.
    Naby *and* Taki - fingers crossed
    ‘How many mistakes are you allowed?’ Klopp asked the fourth official. ‘Because if it’s 15, you’ve got one left.’

Administrator

We’ve seen worse and even if Davies’ shot had gone in, we would still have seen worse. It had all the feel of the Community Shield rather than a pre-season friendly. They were the 6th and 7th points we’ve dropped all season, but Ancelotti was right - a draw was the right result but Everton had the better chance to win it.

Keita looked sharp, Minamino less so. Firmino off the pace a little, Mané looking his usual. TAA wasteful with the final ball too often. Gomez looked a better attacker than Milner but we missed Robertson. Henderson authoritative without being exceptional. AOC a bit anonymous as was Wijnaldum. Fabinho looked good in places but didn’t exert his usual influence. VVD and Matip were fine but Lovern is his usual self - he’s just not comfortable 1 on 1.

But, yeah, Alisson!

Apparently the highest viewing figures of any Premiership match ever.

I feel sorry for them (and me).
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp