Thread: The return on Danny Ings. Southampton home.

Administrator

Default The return on Danny Ings. Southampton home.

The inevitable, relentless push continues with a surprising 3PM Saturday kick off. I say surprising because 3PM means no live TV coverage in the UK which is 2 games in a row for Liverpool, probably a first this season. I mean everyone want s to watch Liverpool, right?

Southampton are playing some decent football since their 9-0 thrashing at home to Leicester, and it's to their credit that they've pulled themselves nicely clear of the relegation zone. Many/most of our injuries are clearing up which allows Klopp to rotate and rest. Had we superior cover at full back, I'd rest both TAA and Robertson, as both have looked a little ropey recently, but I don't think that'll happen, especially as the best full back coverage we have, Milner, is still injured. I don't think Gomez has done anything wrong that would see Matip regaining his place, so the back 4 is as you were. The front 3 should probably see Origi in for Mane meaning that we're back to the lottery in midfield. I do wonder about Lallana who seemed to be enjoying a good stretch of appearances until he disappeared, though I thought I read somewhere that he had a virus. Shaqiri is still out, but Keita, AOC, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Minamino (who might get a start for Mane), and Fabinho are all in the running. At a guess, Henderson, Wijhaldum and Fabinho.

I see the bookies have Southampton at 11/1 for the win and 5/1 for the draw which means they don't really see much else other than another Liverpool win (1/4). Hard to blame them. I suspect it won't be West Ham-easy, but I do expect another win.

Administrator

Default Re: The return on Danny Ings. Southampton home.

Alisson;

Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson;

Fabinho, Henderson, Wijnaldum;

Oxlade-Chamberlain, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Adrian, Lovren, Keita, Minamino, Lallana, Origi, Matip.

Administrator

4-0. 22 points clear! An incredible 32 points clear of 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkand View Post
    4-0. 22 points clear! An incredible 32 points clear of 4th.
    We will need them all as there's always the danger that Man City wins all their games 9-0 while everyone in our squad gets a virus. For three months.

The best thing about this season is not hearing all that "crushing pressure of goal differential" baloney every week. Since GD has so far determined the difference between first and second only once more often than meteor strikes in the Prem/First Division.

If City wins their game 5-0 tomorrow we can count on hearing that they've "gained ground" in the title race.

In other news: Congratulations on the new job, Zeljko Buvac!

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51339425
    ‘How many mistakes are you allowed?’ Klopp asked the fourth official. ‘Because if it’s 15, you’ve got one left.’

Administrator

Well, as every pundit, fan and dog in the street knows, 22 points is the most dangerous lead in football.

Speaking of meteor strikes, this has now become my primary focus of worry about factors that could derail us at this point...
    "A football team is like a piano. You need eight men to carry it and three who can play the damn thing."
    - Bill Shankly