Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shrewsbury. Play the Kids! EDIT: Replay at home.

Administrator

Default Shrewsbury. Play the Kids! EDIT: Replay at home.

The sensible thing to do is to play the kids, right? Save the senior players for the League and the upcoming return of the CL. I'm not sure there're too many Liverpool fans who would disagree with this and it's what Klopp will probably do. However, I think he'll also use it as a way to ease the injury returnees back into match fitness, so I'd expect to see starts for Lovern, Matip and Fabinho. It's possibly too soon for Keita and Shaqiri and definitely too soon for Milner. Mané, according to some reports is not too serious, but out for 3 games which I think includes this one.

I've no idea what to expect here. If he plays Lovern, Matip and Fabinho, you'd think we'd be good for not conceding, so if we're to win this, it depends who plays up front. Origi? Does Minamino get a start? I thought I heard Klopp say that he picked up a little knock against Wolves.

The romance of the FA Cup is long since dead and while it might be a nice giant-killing tale for Shrewsbury to pull off a win here, for a team like Liverpool, it's really not much more to giving returning injured players a run out, giving the kids a taste and rewarding the fringe players with minutes. And hoping there's no replay.

1st Team Regular

Default Re: Shrewsbury Away. Play the Kids!

just sitting here waiting for kickoff, counting the ffucckking minutes
    Klopp: We have to deliver results, we have to deliver success, we have to deliver emotions, we have to deliver memories

Quote Originally Posted by Darrel3000 View Post
    just sitting here waiting for kickoff, counting the ffucckking minutes
    You [106] need a more relaxed, balanced lifestyle. It's only a [105] kids game. A game whose loss would only mean less fixture congestion in the future. I'd expect to see a strong spine of adults needing game time - Adrian, Matip, Lovren, Fabinho, and Minamino - combined with a lot of kids - Williams, Larouci, et al. [104]. Until then, cultivate [103] some perspective, step outside and breathe some fresh air. Say hi to the wife. Start the next pot of coffee/tea/maté and be very [102], very, very grateful that your team's "brain trust" isn't the magical combination of Glazers/Woodward/Solsjaer.

It's a good life. [101].

‘How many mistakes are you allowed?’ Klopp asked the fourth official. ‘Because if it’s 15, you’ve got one left.’

Administrator

Adrian;

Williams, Matip, Lovren, Larouci;

Fabinho, Chirivella, Jones;

Minamino, Elliott, Origi.

Subs: Kelleher, Keita, Firmino, Salah, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Hoever, Alexander-Arnold.

Administrator

That’s a very strong subs’ bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkand View Post
    That’s a very strong subs’ bench.
    Hoever! Keita! FTW

‘How many mistakes are you allowed?’ Klopp asked the fourth official. ‘Because if it’s 15, you’ve got one left.’

Administrator

As good as the B side was against Everton, they were, by a similar margin, underwhelming here.

No senior players to be used in the replay apparently:

"Jurgen Klopp says that no senior players will be involved in the FA Cup fourth round replay and he won’t manage the team. Neil Critchley will be in charge #LFC" - James Pearce on twitter

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/s...139563008?s=20

"Klopp said club was told last April to 'respect winter break' and not arrange friendlies or any games. So he is taking this advice. No senior players available for cup replay." - Chris Bascome on twitter

https://twitter.com/_chrisbascombe/s...413467137?s=21

Administrator

Also known as shoving it up the FA’s arse.

Not sure what happened with that half-time talk, but whatever Klopp said, it seemed to be the reverse of what needed to be said. We absolutely bossed the first half, with Chiravella & Jones (despite his selfishness) the best of the bunch. The second half, despite the early OG, let the minnows back into the game and then the kids looked seriously out of their depth. I'm not a normal Lovren hater, like many in the LFC chat community, but this is exactly the kind of performance that brings on the vapours for that lot.

I have no issue with Klopp playing the kids in the replay - zero. He told his senior players to take two weeks off and go on holiday with their families and he's keeping his word. I think maybe he ought to coach that match, but I can see his point.

I also agree that the replay should be priced accordingly with his level of ambition. Let's see what the club do in that regard.
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp