Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wolves v Liverpool: Train keeps a runnin'

Default Wolves v Liverpool: Train keeps a runnin'

On Thursday, Liverpool travel to Wolves for a league match-up. Everyone now knows all about the quality of the Wolves team, but I also think their dedication to their philosophy makes them more susceptible to how we play. They have gone off the boil a bit recently, but remain dangerous.

I think Klopp will defer most of his rotation for the weekend and the FA Cup, so I expect to see a side more or less similar to Sunday's with one or two rotations.

Dave's team:

Alisson

TAA Gomez VvD Robertson

Hendo Fabinho Lallana

Salah Firmino Mane
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Administrator

Default Re: Wolves v Liverpool: Train keeps a runnin'

Yeah, AOC has been not quite 100% since his return and Lallana has put in some very good performances. I would agree, start him and bring on AOC rather than the other way around.

Fabinho got a run out late against the Mancs specifically to get him back up to speed, so I agree, I think he does start.

Administrator

The more I think about it, I’m going to be very surprised if Fabinho doesn’t start and maybe have Henderson tucked alongside him some of the time for DM duties. Traoré and Jimenez to start for them, so I see Robertson attacking influence being less than TAA’s and I think we’ll see Jimenez being picked up by a combination of Fabinho primarily and Henderson. The good thing for Robertson is that he usually has Mané in front of him and I think he’s a better defending forward than Salah.

It’s going to be a tough game and from here on, every game is going to be a nail biter and banana skin trying to keep the winning streak intact. Spurs away, United home and Wolves away was always going to be a tricky run, but the good thing is that the injury list is diminishing, not expanding.

Administrator

Alisson;

Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson;

Henderson, Wijnaldum, Oxlade-Chamberlain;

Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Adrian, Fabinho, Minamino, Origi, Matip, Jones, Williams.

Administrator

Our musings about Lallana may have been correct, but he has been ruled out with a virus.

1st Team Regular

here we go again, onwards and upwards. legs go lads, another trot another 3 points puhlease
    Klopp: We have to deliver results, we have to deliver success, we have to deliver emotions, we have to deliver memories

Henderson: Head and shoulder above Wolves.
    ‘How many mistakes are you allowed?’ Klopp asked the fourth official. ‘Because if it’s 15, you’ve got one left.’

Administrator

Robertson having a stinker.

Administrator

Aahhhh, the arrogance of excellence. Salah has a good chance around 70’. On another day he would have scored. “Too early”, I thought, “I’d prefer something around 85’”.

Well, we eeked that one out... Hendo & Alisson the stars of the game, Salah not helping his 'selfish' label, Minamino not entirely sure what his role was and Robertson, as you say, having a stinker. Oh, and did Ox play?

All of that is inconsequential as we finally managed to get our lead back. Another win on this really, amazing run. I don't think we'll have many tougher games in the league this year, either.

Obviously worried about Mane, but seemed to be walking OK, so if it's a hammy, I am hoping just a pull and not a big tear.
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp