Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Liverpool v Man United: Vote for Ole

Administrator

Default Re: Liverpool v Man United: Vote for Ole

Ha! Love it.

Administrator

Donít know if stats can really tell you anything, but I did find something rather interesting on the internets. Doesnít mean a whole lot, but at halftime of our last 6 games:

1-0 vs Watford
    1-0 vs Leicester
    1-0 vs Wolves
    1-0 vs Sheffield
    1-0 vs Spurs
    1-0 vs Man United.

Administrator

For me, it’s rare that you’ll get a good new metaphor in sports writing that’s not tortured to within an inch of its life and seems more artifice than workable. But here’s one from The Guardian that works very well, in my opinion. Talking about the fluidity of Liverpool’s attacking versus the static and perhaps naive nature of United’s defending, Barney Ronay had it that Liverpool were “like battle-hardened mountain wolves closing in on a flock of geriatric sheep”. Now that’s good writing and metaphoring!

1st Team Regular

the Guardian is the only european outlet I read and follow! and recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkand View Post
    For me, it’s rare that you’ll get a good new metaphor in sports writing that’s not tortured to within an inch of its life and seems more artifice than workable. But here’s one from The Guardian that works very well, in my opinion. Talking about the fluidity of Liverpool’s attacking versus the static and perhaps naive nature of United’s defending, Barney Ronay had it that Liverpool were “like battle-hardened mountain wolves closing in on a flock of geriatric sheep”. Now that’s good writing and metaphoring!
    Klopp: We have to deliver results, we have to deliver success, we have to deliver emotions, we have to deliver memories

1st Team Regular

i will say this: manure really tried in the last part of that match, but the difference is quality is clear and the reason we prevailed here and will continue to prevail for a long along long time! i'm fffuucckkiinngg tired of watching Liverpool football from affar, i'm checking the lfc jobs board!
    Klopp: We have to deliver results, we have to deliver success, we have to deliver emotions, we have to deliver memories

I'm glad we have that game in hand. That title race gap is a bit too close for comfort for me.
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Imagine what the score line would have been if our boys had their shooting boots on. Always nice to beat the scum. Even nicer to pretty much out class them. Fun times, roll on.
    "A football team is like a piano. You need eight men to carry it and three who can play the damn thing."
    - Bill Shankly

Administrator

United charged for failing to control their players in the VVD/DeGea incident.

1st Team Regular

that Passion you see in Alisson Becker is not brazillian, its all Liverpool footbal. this means more. Liverpool football is a more impotant than life and death