Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tottenham v Liverpool: What, I have to wait a week to watch football?

Default Tottenham v Liverpool: What, I have to wait a week to watch football?

So after getting accustomed to football every second or third day, I am now forced to wait almost an entire week to watch football! I'm sure the squad will enjoy having a break and Klopp will enjoy having a proper week to set up his side to face Mourinho's Tottenham.

After an initial bump, Tottenham seem to be reverting to form and with Kane out (I think), it's as good a time as any to play Spurs. That said, Mourinho knows how to set up a side to defend deep, so it will come down to our ability to break down a side. With Trent & Andy, we seem to have found keys to unlock defenses, so let's hope that's the case this weekend.

Dave's team:

Alisson

TAA Gomez VvD Robertson

Keita Hendo Gini

Salah Firmino Mane
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Administrator

Default Re: Tottenham v Liverpool: What, I have to wait a week to watch football?

According to the boss, both Milner and Keita are out for this game (as expected) and the United game. After that, “we’ll see”.

Administrator

Default Re: Tottenham v Liverpool: What, I have to wait a week to watch football?

All the pundits and bookies are saying Liverpool are short odds to win this one, that with all the Spurs’ injuries, there’s no way they can match Liverpool. This worries me.

Administrator

Alisson;

Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, van Dijk, Robertson;

Wijnaldum, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain;

Salah, Firmino, Mane.

Subs: Adrian, Minamino, Lallana, Shaqiri, Origi, Phillips, Williams.

Administrator

Lallana with another excellent performance. Had Milner been fit, I’ve little doubt it would have been Jimmy for AOC, so Lallana came on with a defensive brief, a la Milner. And he brought some steel and stability.

Not to say that AOC doesn’t do that, but he’s more usually pointed at the opposition goal.

Obviously Henderson pulling all the midfield strings.

A throwback performance to earlier in the season where we didn’t play our best, made the fans sweat mightily and yet the stats say 3 points. And a clean sheet.

1st Team Regular

YES this season the last 20 minutes would be regarded as an ugly spell for us, but mightily proud of of the getting the job done regardless! have to say I still have not "felt" any anxiety during matches this season, i'm just full of confidence that we will prevail. And im happy to see that this lack of anxiety is also reflected across the forums. UP THE REDS #YNWA
    Klopp: We have to deliver results, we have to deliver success, we have to deliver emotions, we have to deliver memories

Mane caught my eye, not just for his darting runs, but for his amazing interventions and tackles. We dominated, but they had their chances for the points.
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Anfield Sub

Having a very good goalkeeper who can make all the saves you expect him to make, is very important.

We could have lost the game if they managed to equalize.
    Tony

Administrator

Funny, I was going to post about Alisson. He did not one spectacular save yesterday, because he didn’t have to. Every time they had a shot on target, it was almost straight at Alisson. Primarily because the defense shuffled the shooter that way, meaning there was only one shot on - straight at him. And he handled all of those shots into his midriff well.

I was thinking about Karius and I’d be benign enough to grant him a pass for a horrible year ending in Kiev. But if he did fulfill his potential, he’d still never be in Alisson’s league. And Alisson brings that one great aspect to his position: calmness. The team knows he’s there, he’s reliable and he makes the right play pretty much all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkand View Post
    Funny, I was going to post about Alisson. He did not one spectacular save yesterday, because he didn’t have to. Every time they had a shot on target, it was almost straight at Alisson. Primarily because the defense shuffled the shooter that way, meaning there was only one shot on - straight at him. And he handled all of those shots into his midriff well.

I was thinking about Karius and I’d be benign enough to grant him a pass for a horrible year ending in Kiev. But if he did fulfill his potential, he’d still never be in Alisson’s league. And Alisson brings that one great aspect to his position: calmness. The team knows he’s there, he’s reliable and he makes the right play pretty much all the time.
    It almost makes you think that even in a dire situation like (just to pick a hypothetical example) a two-on-one with Sissoko and Son bearing down on van Dijk with Alisson waiting for the shot, we are confident of the outcome.

‘How many mistakes are you allowed?’ Klopp asked the fourth official. ‘Because if it’s 15, you’ve got one left.’