Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Everton: Derby, FA Cup Version!

Default Liverpool v Everton: Derby, FA Cup Version!

Everton, with Ancelotti at the helm and 'Drunken Duncan' by his side, travel across Stanley Park for the FA Cup 3rd Round match-up on Sunday tea-time.

Form would say we should do them, but given Klopp's general dismissal of domestic cup competitions, we may see more kids than regulars, given the injury list our first-team bench.

Dave's team:

Adrian

TAA Hoever VvB Robertson

Lallana Hendo Milner

Minamino Origi Elliott
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Administrator

Default Re: Liverpool v Everton: Derby, FA Cup Version!

My team:

Adrian;

Origi, Elliott.

Dunno if we’ll need anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkand View Post
    My team:

Adrian;

Origi, Elliott.

Dunno if we’ll need anyone else.
    So Newcastle - a team with an 11-man injury list - lets a 40-year-old striker score and wins ...... a replay!

Ah yes, the "magic" of the FA Cup.

Thank God that Everton hired Ancelotti otherwise my team would be the U-9 ......................... reserves.
    ‘How many mistakes are you allowed?’ Klopp asked the fourth official. ‘Because if it’s 15, you’ve got one left.’

Administrator

Adrian;

Milner, Gomez, Phillips, Williams;

Lallana, Chirivella, Jones;

Elliott, Minamino, Origi.

Subs: Kelleher, Mane, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Brewster, Hoever, Larouci.

Administrator

Best thing about that team is AOC on the bench.

Wow the kids are alright! Imagine being an Ev*rt*n supporter and surviving the first day back at work on Merseyside tomorrow. Arf. Millie's injury worrisome though.
    "A football team is like a piano. You need eight men to carry it and three who can play the damn thing."
    - Bill Shankly

Great performance from the kids. The makeshift defense last night looked a little shaky in the first half, but Adrian did his job well. Klopp's half-time talk must have been a cracker, because Everton didn't get a sniff in second half.

A lot of the kids performances caught the eye, but I still think Elliott & Jones are the only locks for an eventual spot in the first team. The two full-backs are young, so we can continue to see how they develop.

Lallana had a good game and it was good to hear the Kop chant his name again.
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Administrator

One thing that hasn't received huge amounts of attention is the role Lallana played when Milner went off. It was a real captain's inspirational role. He wasn't everywhere on the pitch, but he was constantly barking orders, helping out when and where he could. He did do a good job in the midfield and the stranglehold we took on that area of the game in the second half was down in no short measure to Lallana's influence. I had forgotten that he was captain at Southampton before his transfer and his performance yesterday showed that.

It's been a while since we've seen him at his best, but his performance yesterday might have been the biggest hidden gem for the remainder of the season. Now stay injury free.

Yeah, I can't remember exactly when, but I remember him getting agitated with one of our players and shouting at him, followed by glowing applause from Klopp for his leadership (or at least that's what it looked like on the telly).

Babysitter Adam
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Administrator

Away to Bristol City or Shrewsbury in the 4th Round. The old adage is true - as the Cup progresses, the games get more and more difficult.