Thread: Continuing as we started. Sheffield United come to Anfield.

Administrator

Default Continuing as we started. Sheffield United come to Anfield.

Sheffield United have shown themselves to be a very decent side, far from an easy promoted mark. They gave us a tough go around at theirs earlier this season, so I expect more of the same. Mind you, we are a huge scalp now, especially at Anfield. That being said, Juergen has shown himself to be a very shrewd tactician and the measure of most or all sides that he comes up against. And as good as SU are, Iím not certain that they have what it takes either for a draw or win. The break since Sunday might have been our longest in a while and will do us good.

Definite injuries are AOC, Fabinho, Matip, Lovren and Shaqiri. So unless Milner gets a run out instead of Robinson, itís as you were across the back. The front 3 should be the same, unless Origi starts. As usual, midfield is the guessing game and where Klopp is most likely to pull a rotational surprise. It should be Henderson, Winijaldum and Keita/Milner/Lallana. But it could see Gini getting a rest also.

Iím not certain this will be as difficult as Wolves, but neither will it be as easy as Leicester.

Default Re: Continuing as we started. Sheffield United come to Anfield.

Hectic December schedule over and we're licking our wounds a little bit, in terms of injuries, but have mostly come through it and carrying our new Club World Cup trophy, top of CL group status and perfect Premier League record with us. I agree this will be a difficult game and I expect to see our best side, with the FA Cup coming up and more of a weekly schedule for January.

Dave's team:

Alisson

TAA Gomez VvD Robertson

Keita Hendo Gini

Salah Firmino Mane
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Hectic December schedule over and we're licking our wounds a little bit, in terms of injuries, but have mostly come through it and carrying our new Club World Cup trophy, top of CL group status and perfect Premier League record with us. I agree this will be a difficult game and I expect to see our best side, with the FA Cup coming up and more of a weekly schedule for January.

Dave's team:

Alisson

TAA Gomez VvD Robertson

Keita Hendo Gini

Salah Firmino Mane
    I pretty much expect to see our best side in every game that isn't a national cup competition. In those games I expect to see the Children's Crusade plus a few token grownups for leavening.
    ĎHow many mistakes are you allowed?í Klopp asked the fourth official. ĎBecause if itís 15, youíve got one left.í

Administrator

Alisson;

Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson;

Henderson, Wijnaldum, Keita;

Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Adrian, Milner, Lallana, Origi, Phillips, Jones, Elliott.

Administrator

Phillips: from Stuttgart to the Anfield bench.

Administrator

Keita injured in the warm up - groin - Milner replaces him and Neco Williams gets a bump up to replace Milner on the bench.

Comfortable win. Ominously, for other teams that is, we are starting to show our best form. Hendo has been on peak form, which is setting the tone for everyone else.

A derby cup draw sorbet, before we head back into the league.
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

I wasn't thinking this at the start of the season, but the Gomez/VvD CB partnership is starting to look like first choice pairing again, even when Matip gets back.
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Administrator

Milner ran 13.11km during the game. The most by any player in any game in the PL this season.