Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leicester v Liverpool: Boxing Day Treat

Default Leicester v Liverpool: Boxing Day Treat

The Champions of the World travel to Leicester on Boxing Day evening for the late, late kick-off and a match-up between 1st & 2nd in the league. With City turning over the Foxes, we sit a pretty 10 points ahead, with a game-in-hand on 2nd & 3rd. Leicester are dangerous, a bit of a bogey side for us and are playing very well under Rodgers. I'd take the draw now, really.

Niggles & injuries are starting to take their toll, so will be interested to see how Klopp lines up the team. Something close to our strongest, I suspect, even with us playing Wolves less than 72 hours later.

Dave's Team:

Alisson

TAA Gomez VvD Robertson

Gini Hendo Keita

Salah Firmino Mane
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Anfield Sub

Default Re: Leicester v Liverpool: Boxing Day Treat

I hope we will play smart. No need to go all out. Just hit them in counter attacks.
    But, what do I know. In Klopp we trust.
    Tony

Administrator

AOC out for a while, unfortunately. 2 weeks, but read somewhere that he might not be too different from Fabinho, perhaps slightly less seriously.

Leicester on a slight hitch, drawing with Norwich (lucky not to lose) and losing to City. A loss to us would pretty much kill off their title tilt, I think. City still the danger in my opinion, though we could go into the weekend 13 points clear with a game in hand. That seems a bit much, no?

Shut down Vardy and Maddison (no easy task, I’ll grant) and you shut down Leicester. Mentality monster time.

Administrator

Alisson;

Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson;

Henderson, Wijnaldum, Keita;

Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Adrian, Milner, Lallana, Shaqiri, Origi, Jones, Williams.

Administrator

Juergen listening to BD again.

Administrator

I had my eye on this game from a while out, figuring it probably would be out toughest game in the first half of the season. Then when the CWC dates were announced, I thought it unlikely we would lose but quite probable we would draw. Or maybe nick a 2-1 win.

But 4-0? After those Qatari exertions? And flying back on Sunday? The performance of a world class team.

Imagine being Leicester or City now, figuring great chance to knock Liverpool down a peg. Ha!

Administrator

1970 WC Final. Brazil vs. Italy. Brazil captained by Carlos Alberto, a superb right full back. On the day Brazil destroyed Italy 4-0. Truth is, on any day, Brazil would have destroyed Italy.

Late on in the game (86’), Brazil are holding the ball up in and around the Italian area, Pele has the ball; a watching world on TV cannot understand why he was holding the ball, what he waiting for.

Like a 40 carriage runaway freight train that has never known brakes, Carlos Alberto comes into frame on the top right of the screen and blasts #4 into the net.

That was TAA tonight. It was that good.

The difference was that we saw TAA’s run the whole way down the pitch.

Alberto’s goal was the better, the more significant, but TAA’s might be the closest I’ve seen since.

I was confident we'd get something here, but I never expected this. What a display. Please, don't wake me up...
    "A football team is like a piano. You need eight men to carry it and three who can play the damn thing."
    - Bill Shankly

Well, we've heard lots of comments (some from my own mouth, to be sure) about how Liverpool are winning ugly and 'finding a way', despite not playing to their level. Well... We seem to have found that level.

We dominated this game in a way, which was really, really something. Kasper was moaning about the hand-ball, saying Leicester were 'in it' until then. They may have only trailed by one goal, but they were never 'in it' or even close to 'it'. I admit I was a little worried about a fluke equalizer, but only because Vardy has that in his locker and I prefer the comfort of a second (third or fourth) goal. The handball was dead-on - arm away from his side and he moved it towards the ball, which came from 20m+ away. Not sure what he was complaining about.

Trent rightfully getting the plaudits, but I thought Henderson was absolutely epic last night and Gomez is starting to show some of that form he showed last year before his injuries.

Mentality ****ing Monsters, Champions of Europe, Champions of the World & best team playing right this moment.

Merry ****ing Christmas!
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Well, we've heard lots of comments (some from my own mouth, to be sure) about how Liverpool are winning ugly and 'finding a way', despite not playing to their level. Well... We seem to have found that level.

We dominated this game in a way, which was really, really something. Kasper was moaning about the hand-ball, saying Leicester were 'in it' until then. They may have only trailed by one goal, but they were never 'in it' or even close to 'it'. I admit I was a little worried about a fluke equalizer, but only because Vardy has that in his locker and I prefer the comfort of a second (third or fourth) goal. The handball was dead-on - arm away from his side and he moved it towards the ball, which came from 20m+ away. Not sure what he was complaining about.

Trent rightfully getting the plaudits, but I thought Henderson was absolutely epic last night and Gomez is starting to show some of that form he showed last year before his injuries.

Mentality ****ing Monsters, Champions of Europe, Champions of the World & best team playing right this moment.

Merry ****ing Christmas!
    Spot on. If anyone continues saying Hendo is limited Iíll not talk football with them.
    Gomez benefitting from a good run in the side.
    TAA is a joke, 21 and possibly the best right back on the planet and opposition fans still clinging onto a game against united 18 months ago as a basis to rate him. Marvellous.