Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Everton: Derby!

Default Liverpool v Everton: Derby!

... and so it arrives. First match-up of the season vs. Everton at Anfield on what will presumably be a cold, mid-week winter's evening. I'm sure the fans will keep warm via the atmosphere and some well-deserved pre-match lubrication.

Alisson is out, given his 'taking one for the team' handball in the last match, so Adrian it is. Fabinho out for the holidays. With Bournemouth away followed by a must-at-least-draw-but-a-win-would-be-preferred game at Salzburg, Klopp will need to manage the players. We're looking a bit scruffy at the moment.

Dave's team:

Adrian

TAA Lovren VvD Robertson

AOC Hendo Gini

Salah Firmino Mane
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Administrator

Default Re: Liverpool v Everton: Derby!

I’ll be surprised if that’s not the team, though maybe Milner for AOC.

Screw it, play the kids.

"It's the FA Cup, Jake"
    ‘How many mistakes are you allowed?’ Klopp asked the fourth official. ‘Because if it’s 15, you’ve got one left.’

Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    Screw it, play the kids.

"It's the FA Cup, Jake"
    Except, it isn't... ???
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Administrator

Speaking of the FA Cup, who are we playing in the 4th round? Don’t think I saw that anywhere…

LFCTV had it wrong, or the presenter did anyway. Alisson is suspended for this game. Adrian is capable enough, so I’m not hugely worried for one game. Plus it’ll help him that we’re at home, derby or not.

Thought I read somewhere (probably FB) that depending on results, we can consolidate our lead and send Everton into the bottom 3 with a win.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Except, it isn't... ???
    My bad. I saw that we drew Everton in the FA Cup and had forgotten that they were still in the Prem. I thought of them as Portsmouth, a plucky lower division team full of part-time bartenders and roofers with a glorious past. /S

My mistake.
    ‘How many mistakes are you allowed?’ Klopp asked the fourth official. ‘Because if it’s 15, you’ve got one left.’

Administrator

Adrian;

Alexander-Arnold, Lovren, van Dijk, Robertson;

Wijnaldum, Lallana, Milner,

Shaqiri, Mane, Origi.

Subs: Keita, Firmino, Salah, Gomez, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Kelleher.

Administrator

Not going too far out on a limb here to say that when we meet them in the Cup, they’ll have a new manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkand View Post
    Not going too far out on a limb here to say that when we meet them in the Cup, they’ll have a new manager.
    ... and probably a new kit man, tea lady, sports psychologist, and bus driver as well.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-anfield-derby

Liverpool want to win the Premier League. Everton just want to survive. We can pick apart the coups and blunders that have brought these two clubs to these two points, but in the measured applause of the Anfield crowd lay perhaps the gravest insult. For all the sporadic outbreaks of song, it was hard to escape the sense that to Liverpool Everton are just another team now. There may still be a history there, a shared bloodline, a culture and a tradition. But it has arguably never felt like less of a rivalry.
    Harsh, but true. Only felt like a Derby really because of that extra nastiness (which our two full-backs were lucky to get away with IMO).

Origi looked great through the middle, but I was less impressed with Shaq's & Lallana's cameos (not bad, not great). I think Divock can cover for Firmino through the middle any game.

Mane at a completely different level and our most important player this season.

Virgil starting to look a bit leggy for me. I might consider resting him for Bournemouth.
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp