Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Man United v Liverpool: Ole vs. Allez

Administrator

Default Re: Man United v Liverpool: Ole vs. Allez

Alisson;

Alexander-Arnold, Matip, van Dijk, Robertson;

Henderson, Fabinho, Wijnaldum;

Origi, Firmino, Mane.

Substitutes: Adrian, Lovren, Milner, Keita, Gomez, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana.

Administrator

Salah injured?

Administrator

How you fell about the game is a matter of perspective. Looking at how the respective sides have started the season, taking an overview, there was no reason for Liverpool not to win that game comfortably. Taking the narrow view of the game itself, while we might have eked out a win in the last 10 minutes, given the way things went, the ref, VAR and the fact that neither fullback had a sterling game, a draw is OK. (Doesn't mean I'm too happy, mind you).

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkand View Post
    How you fell about the game is a matter of perspective. Looking at how the respective sides have started the season, taking an overview, there was no reason for Liverpool not to win that game comfortably. Taking the narrow view of the game itself, while we might have eked out a win in the last 10 minutes, given the way things went, the ref, VAR and the fact that neither fullback had a sterling game, a draw is OK. (Doesn't mean I'm too happy, mind you).
    Citeh have drawn one and lost two. We just cashed in the draw we were up by. Nothing to see here - move along.
    ‘How many mistakes are you allowed?’ Klopp asked the fourth official. ‘Because if it’s 15, you’ve got one left.’

Well, our winning run stops at 17 and City clawed back 2 points on us on the weekend. That said, we got the equalizer and sit a healthy 6 points ahead of City.

Ole got his tactics right and the draw was probably a 'fair' result, though the lack of the foul call on Origi grates. Klopp was slow to change, when it was obvious his midfield was providing no penetration and his full-backs weren't providing the normal impact. I think it's worth mentioning, as more people seem to underrate his contributions, that Salah is as important to our front three as Mane or Firmino is. I'd also reiterate my point that a midfield of Hendo, Fabinho & Gini is not the one to use when teams set up for the 'low block', as Mourinho kept calling it (aka, parking the bus).

Spurs at home next week, so another test with an underperforming team from the 'Top Six', who will likely be very up for it. I'm heading to the game, so I'm hoping the train back will be filled with miserable Spurs fans, rather than the joyous ones.
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Administrator

Good shout at explaining the tactics.

”Solskjær, for all his innovation, was undone by the fact that, fundamentally, Liverpool have better players.”

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkand View Post
    Good shout at explaining the tactics.

”Solskjær, for all his innovation, was undone by the fact that, fundamentally, Liverpool have better players.”
    ... and better owners, technical staff, manager, director of football, executives, medical staff, Head of Nutrition, data analytics, scouting, throw-in coach, wives, girlfriends, and pets. In fact we're one "noodle partner" away from an extinction event like Tunguska.
    ‘How many mistakes are you allowed?’ Klopp asked the fourth official. ‘Because if it’s 15, you’ve got one left.’

Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    ... and better owners, technical staff, manager, director of football, executives, medical staff, Head of Nutrition, data analytics, scouting, throw-in coach, wives, girlfriends, and pets. In fact we're one "noodle partner" away from an extinction event like Tunguska.
    Also I apparently owe Martin Atkinson a muttered apology. Through the magic of virtual reality we can see why he blew the call on the foul before their goal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRDm...be&app=desktop

Of course VAR blew the call by deferring to an unsighted referee but hey - they can't all be perfect.

Now that the league winning streak monkey is off our backs, let's start another one. Still grates to drop points to the scum tho.
    "A football team is like a piano. You need eight men to carry it and three who can play the damn thing."
    - Bill Shankly