Thread: Sheffield United v Liverpool: An early Saturday visit to Bramall Lane

Default Sheffield United v Liverpool: An early Saturday visit to Bramall Lane

Sheffield United sit solidly mid-table and have chalked up a few wins against the lesser lights of the league and managed a draw against Chelsea. I fully expect a parked bus, physical style of set-up from them, though they are not totally Allardayce-esque in their approach. We will need a bit of luck and/or genius to open them up, but I would think we ought to be able to continue our winning run against them.

Dave's Team:

Adrian

TAA Matip VvD Robertson

Hendo Fabinho AOC

Salah Firmino Mane
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Administrator

Default Re: Sheffield United v Liverpool: An early Saturday visit to Bramall Lane

Hadn't realized that they're kind of a bogey team, or at least Bramall Lane is, as we've not won in the 6 times we've visited since 1990.

Default Re: Sheffield United v Liverpool: An early Saturday visit to Bramall Lane

Yeah, had read that two. Six games in 30 years isn't a particularly high sample size.
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Administrator

True, true. All the more reason to make sure it doesn’t become 7.

Administrator

Adrian,

TAA, Matip, van Dijk, Robertson;

Henderson, Fabinho, Wijnaldum;

Salah, Firmino, Mane.

Subs: Lovren, Milner, Gomez, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana, Origi, Kelleher.

Administrator

Got to go to yoga or something to learn how to breath during the second half of Liverpool games.

Lost a bit of bladder control there in the second half.
    "A football team is like a piano. You need eight men to carry it and three who can play the damn thing."
    - Bill Shankly

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkand View Post
    Got to go to yoga or something to learn how to breath during the second half of Liverpool games.
    Since I made the journey from "doubter" to "believer" I don't obsess as much late in close games. That said, there must be *some* inner turmoil as I can't think of anything else that causes that "supremely confident but haven't breathed for the last 3 minutes" sensation. ;-)
    ‘How many mistakes are you allowed?’ Klopp asked the fourth official. ‘Because if it’s 15, you’ve got one left.’