Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Milk/Littlewoods/Rumbelows/Coca-Cola/Worthington/Carling/Capital One/Carabao Cup

Administrator

Default The Milk/Littlewoods/Rumbelows/Coca-Cola/Worthington/Carling/Capital One/Carabao Cup

MK Dons away. Time to give the youngsters and those on the fringe a run out. Kelleher starts in goal. Shaqiri injured otherwise he would have started. I believe Keita is good to go, so that's good news, Gomez should see a start and Brewster also. Wonder if Larouci sees some time? I'm hearing some noise around Herbie Kane and Curtis Jones also.

In any event, I think trying to divine the starting lineup is too difficult with so many variables plus I'm really not sure how seriously Klopp takes it anyway. We should have enough for MK Dons, but then again, I'm sure Spurs though they had enough for Colchester last night.

Administrator

Default Re: The Milk/Littlewoods/Rumbelows/Coca-Cola/Worthington/Carling/Capital One/Carabao Cup

Kelleher;

Hoever, Gomez, Lovren, Milner;

Lallana, AOC, Keita;

Elliot, Brewster, Jones​.

Subs: Lonergan, Lewis, Kane, Chirivella, Van den Berg, Longstaff, Clarkson.

Administrator

Default Re: The Milk/Littlewoods/Rumbelows/Coca-Cola/Worthington/Carling/Capital One/Carabao Cup

Between the starting XI and the subs bench, it’s a team of youngsters.

1-0 at the half. Keep an eye on that kid Milner. He’s one for the future.

Administrator

2-0 FT. Job done. Milner MOTM. Eliot had a good game as did Lovern; Kelleher did OK, but had a wobble or two. No bad games, no great games. But given the side that started, acceptable.

Administrator

Arsenal at home in next round.

Milner MoM; Elliott best hairdo.
    "A football team is like a piano. You need eight men to carry it and three who can play the damn thing."
    - Bill Shankly

Administrator

We may have fielded an ineligible player and could be deemed automatic losers. It’s down to either one of the kids and/or international clearance.

Administrator

Chirivella spent the back end of last season on loan in Spain. When he returned he was required to have a new international clearance. Which apparently the club had requested in July.

So the club should have known he didn’t have the clearance, but equally the FA have been processing it since July. The clearances are not complicated, but they do require more than a few signatures. Given that Liverpool applied in July, chances are it’ll be a fine rather than expulsion. Hopefully.

Administrator

Ahh! Things are rarely so simple.

What would be worse than a fine? Expulsion, you say.

Oh, would that expulsion would be the only worse fate. I’ve one that’s worse than a fine and definitely worse than expulsion. What could it be?

Why, a replay! Before the next round!

Ha!

(Under serious consideration, not certain, but…f**cking hell! That’d be some fixture list).

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkand View Post
    Ahh! Things are rarely so simple.

What would be worse than a fine? Expulsion, you say.

Oh, would that expulsion would be the only worse fate. I’ve one that’s worse than a fine and definitely worse than expulsion. What could it be?

Why, a replay! Before the next round!

Ha!

(Under serious consideration, not certain, but…f**cking hell! That’d be some fixture list).
    No problem. Voluntarily withdraw from the *legendary* Carabao Cup a la Southampton/Virgil van Dyke and in a sporting gesture worthy of unstinting praise, wish MK Dons good luck in the rest of the competition for the incredibly prestigious Rumbelows/[Your name here] Cup.

Then forget about it and move on.
    ‘How many mistakes are you allowed?’ Klopp asked the fourth official. ‘Because if it’s 15, you’ve got one left.’