Thread: Chelsea v Liverpool: Shed End? More like Bell End!

Default Chelsea v Liverpool: Shed End? More like Bell End!

Liverpool travel to Chelsea for the Sunday afternoon game after two disappointing losses in Europe for the two English sides. Chelsea have looked intermittently OK, but defensively they are a bit of a shambles. They do look dangerous, however, with both Mount (perhaps doubtful) and Abraham on fire in recent matches.

Wondering if Klopp will go with Gomez on the right against Mount & Emerson and it will be dealer's choice with our midfield again.

Dave's team:

Adrian

TAA Matip VvD Robertson

Hendo Fabinho Gini

Salah Firmino Mane
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Administrator

Default Re: Chelsea v Liverpool: Shed End? More like Bell End!

VVD should be dropped for the Napoli howler; a decent spell in the U-18s should sort him out!

I think we will see Wijnaldum as the midfield was missing penetration against Napoli. I've a felling Abraham might be in for an interesting day. He's made a name for himself, no doubt, but despite our defense only having one clean sheet, I'm not sure Abraham will have come up against the likes of VVD and Matip.

Adrian is proving quite the decent replacement, isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkand View Post
    VVD should be dropped for the Napoli howler; a decent spell in the U-18s should sort him out!

I think we will see Wijnaldum as the midfield was missing penetration against Napoli. I've a felling Abraham might be in for an interesting day. He's made a name for himself, no doubt, but despite our defense only having one clean sheet, I'm not sure Abraham will have come up against the likes of VVD and Matip.

Adrian is proving quite the decent replacement, isn't he?
    As should Robertson. Then he'll learn not to pull back from a challenge leaving his leg in a position to dive over. /S
    ‘How many mistakes are you allowed?’ Klopp asked the fourth official. ‘Because if it’s 15, you’ve got one left.’

Administrator

Adrian;

Alexander-Arnold, Matip, van Dijk, Robertson;

Henderson, Fabinho, Wijnaldum;

Mane, Firmino, Salah.

Substitutes: Kelleher, Gomez, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana, Brewster, Shaqiri.

Administrator

BD called it.

Administrator

I enjoy breathing. I seem to do it best and deepest after Liverpool games.

Administrator

The front 3 all had quiet or off days, even Bobby who scored. Our best were TAA, Matip, Fabinho and Adrian. Adrian is such a better keeper in the past few weeks. Achterberg has done a very good job there.

It's nice seeing a mature performance where we get the three points even though we aren't playing our best. I got a bit nervous near the end of the game but nothing like the rampant mood swings I used to experience late in the game when things weren't going well.

Here's a quote from The Athletic on the Brighton - Newcastle game:

Brighton were dominant – a position they would not forfeit until the final few moments when Andy Carroll and chaos were unleashed from the bench – and Hayden and his team-mates were being torn out of position. “It’s not working,” the midfielder said. And then he repeated it. “It’s not working.”
    Good times. ;-)

https://theathletic.com/1230686/2019...-isnt-working/
    Last edited by RobR; September 22nd, 2019 at 07:52 PM. Reason: form/from
    ‘How many mistakes are you allowed?’ Klopp asked the fourth official. ‘Because if it’s 15, you’ve got one left.’

Administrator

BTW, did anyone else notice that nearly every Chelsea corner/cross was swallowed up by the Liverpool defense, primarily VVD and Matip? I think part of Chelsea's plan was to get behind the fullbacks and cross the ball in for Abraham et al. Didn't work at all and their goal came from going through the center.