Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Winter & Summer Transfer Windows

Default 2020 Winter & Summer Transfer Windows

Okay, I've seen enough. Two whole games. Since LFC thinks two windows ahead it now behooves us to do the same.

In/Out although really it should be Up/Down the pecking order not necessarily a departure:

Goalkeeper: Kelleher(21) or Grabara(21)/Lonergan(36) making our goalkeeping Alisson(27),Adrian(33),Kelleher/Grabara(21), Lonergan(36) leaves.

Right Back: Hoever(18)/Gomez(23) making our right backs Alexander-Arnold(21), Hoever(18), Gomez(23), Milner(34), Fabinho(26), no one leaves.
    Center Back: Hoever(18)/Lovren(31) making our central defense van Dijk(29), Matip(29), Gomez(23), Hoever(18), Fabinho(26), Lovren(31) leaves.
    Left Back: Lewis(20) or Larouci(18)/Gomez(23) making our left backs Robertson(26), Milner(34), Lewis or Larouci(20 or 18), Gomez(23), no one leaves.

Midfield: Grujic(24)/Lallana(32) making our midfield:

Holders: Fabinho(26), Wijnaldum(29), Henderson(30), Keita(25), Milner(34), Lallana(32) [as Jorginho], Grujic(24), Lallana(32) may leave.
    Knitters: Wijnaldum(29), Keita(25), Henderson(30), Milner(34), Lallana(32), Fabinho(26), Lallana(32) may leave.
    Attackers: Keita(25), Henderson(30), Oxlade-Chamberlain(27), Wijnaldum(29), Milner(34), Shaqiri(28), Lallana(32), Grujic(24), Fabinho(26), Lallana(32) may leave.

Left Wing: Larouci(18)/No one(0), making our left wings Mané(28), Origi(25), Oxlade-Chamberlain(27), Shaqiri(28), Larouci(18), no one leaves.

Striker/Center Forward: No one making our center forwards Firmino(28), Origi(25), Salah(28), Mané(28), Brewster(20), Wijnaldun(29), no one leaves.

Right Wing: Harry Wilson()/No one(0) making our right wings Salah(28), Shaqiri(28), Wilson(23), Mané(28), no one leaves.

It's a team with a few in their 30s (5 including Lovren) and a great many in their prime (10). With no transfers in it's still challenging for the title.

Assuming we can find young talent that meets our character and playing potential standards what positions would you reinforce and who would you replace in the squad or block from the kids?
    ‘How many mistakes are you allowed?’ Klopp asked the fourth official. ‘Because if it’s 15, you’ve got one left.’

Default Re: 2020 Summer Transfer Window

Is Mbappe the new Reus?
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

I've of course read about CIES, but I've never actually been sent the link to their analysis. Interesting reading.

https://football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/mr/mr47/en/
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Anfield Sub

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I've of course read about CIES, but I've never actually been sent the link to their analysis. Interesting reading.

https://football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/mr/mr47/en/
    Interesting.

Transfer fee "investment" (2010-2019) (What a nice term: "investment")
    Liverpool = #9
    Barcelona = #2
    Chelsea = #3
    Juventus = #5
    Real Madrid = #7

Club received the most transfer fees (2010-2019)
    Liverpool = #9
    Chelsea = #2
    Juventus = #3
    Real Madrid = #5
    Barcelona = #7

So, a lot of money went in and went out for those clubs (us included).
    I wondered if we compare the amount of money that ended up in the agents' hands during the same 10 years, and the cost of match tickets, what that would look like.
    And did the government get a cut in the transfer fee? (Like sale tax)

The most interesting point is this chart: "Most negative net balances for transfer (2010-2019)".
    Ev*rton = 12
    Liverpool = 14.

Please tell all you Ev*rton friends that they finally are ahead of us in one table !
    Tony

Some bollocks from some 'Spanish Press' about Suarez to Liverpool for €50mm. He's got a contract to 2021, so that seems about the right price, given his age & effectiveness.

I don't really see it happening and I'm probably in the minority after last year's semis, but I'd take him back. He can play the Firmino role as well as anyone (save Bobby) and is an upgrade on anyone else we have. Would he accept being a back-up?
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Yup very hard to take this seriously but I'd welcome him back if he'd accept the role Klopp had for him. Could turn into another total-commitment type veteran like Milner...or maybe not.
    "A football team is like a piano. You need eight men to carry it and three who can play the damn thing."
    - Bill Shankly

I don't dislike Suarez although I question how much he has left in the tank, whether he'd fit in our "no dickheads" team, and whether it's worth blocking Brewster and Origi's path into the first team.

Other than that, fine. ;-)
    ‘How many mistakes are you allowed?’ Klopp asked the fourth official. ‘Because if it’s 15, you’ve got one left.’

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    I don't dislike Suarez although I question how much he has left in the tank, whether he'd fit in our "no dickheads" team, and whether it's worth blocking Brewster and Origi's path into the first team.

Other than that, fine. ;-)
    Suarez! Goal machine! Of course he’d be a great addition to the side. Until you look at it like this.

My concern was yellows and suspensions, but when you add in the dickhead rule and the blocking of Origi and Brewster, it might be safe to assume that Suarez’ Anfield day’s are behind him.

Anfield Sub

After he gets his denture, maybe then a yes.
    Tony

Why Klopp is an attractive manager to players, Chapter 327: Ivan Perisic

"After getting no closer than the fringes of Hajduk Split’s first team, he left for Sochaux in France at 17 and then bounced around Belgium before Borussia Dortmund took a chance on him in 2011. Jurgen Klopp’s frenetic gegenpressing proved far too demanding for a player used to a slower pace, however. He never rose above the status of an occasional starter at Signal Iduna Park.

“I wasn’t ready for it,” he says. “I was not used to defending from the front. I didn’t even know that it was a two-way game. Jurgen taught me modern football. I have to say ‘thank you’ to him for that. We won the double in the first year but when I saw that my situation didn’t change in the second season, I wanted to leave. I told him I wanted to be regular starter, and he said: ‘I respect your decision, we will find a solution.’” Perisic was sold to Wolfsburg, where he won the DFB-Pokal [the German Cup] in his second season, alongside Kevin De Bruyne, in 2015."

[Subscription required] https://theathletic.com/1230701/2019...tay-at-bayern/