Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silverware chance this early in the season? Why, thank you. Chelsea. SuperCup.

Administrator

Default Silverware chance this early in the season? Why, thank you. Chelsea. SuperCup.

A step up in importance from the Community Shield and a game that albeit adds to our calendar, comes at a good time. Why? Well, it allows us to bed in Adrián in an important-ish game and gives us a chance to give AOC, Keita and Lallana a good run out. Those three in particular are going to be very important to the squad strength for the whole season.

Chelsea, based on yesterday’s performance at OT, allied to their transfer ban are really not looking up to much. They will come to play, definitely, but they do seem to be an ongoing project, closer to the start than the finished product. They are dangerous, but you’d have to think we have too much for them.

If this game were at Stamford Bridge, I’d still be reasonably confident of a win, but away from home on a neutral venue? Liverpool’s experience and quality to tell.

Administrator

Default Re: Silverware this early in the season? Why, thank you. Chelsea. SuperCup.

Forgot also, with the transfer ban and the sale of Hazard, Chelsea are going to struggle to create. While I have mentioned AOC, Keita and Lallana, without Hazard, this is a game set up perfectly for the talents of Fabinho.

Default Re: Silverware this early in the season? Why, thank you. Chelsea. SuperCup.

Yeah, I didn't know what to make of Chelsea's performance yesterday. They looked much more dangerous in the opening stages, but look very vulnerable at the back and on the counter. I think we should do them and handily.
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

I say 'Super', you say 'Cup'!
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Administrator

Adrián;

Gomez, Matip, van Dijk, Robertson;

Henderson, Fabinho, Milner;

Oxlade-Chamberlain, Salah, Mané.

Substitutes:
    Wijnaldum
    Firmino
    Lallana
    Lonergan
    Shaqiri
    Brewster
    Origi
    Hoever
    Kelleher
    Alexander-Arnold
    Elliott.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Yeah, I didn't know what to make of Chelsea's performance yesterday. They looked much more dangerous in the opening stages, but look very vulnerable at the back and on the counter. I think we should do them and handily.
    I agreed with you, but, hmmmmm…

Default Re: Silverware chance this early in the season? Why, thank you. Chelsea. SuperCup.

That is why Bobby.
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Administrator

Default Re: Silverware chance this early in the season? Why, thank you. Chelsea. SuperCup.

Easy. Never in doubt.

This win felt like a loss. Crap midfield, dodgy defense, had to labor mightily over 120 minutes and PK's in a meaningless game. Hope we can bounce back for the weekend which counts, of course. Adrian impressed.
    "A football team is like a piano. You need eight men to carry it and three who can play the damn thing."
    - Bill Shankly

Quote Originally Posted by RyeRed View Post
    This win felt like a loss. Crap midfield, dodgy defense, had to labor mightily over 120 minutes and PK's in a meaningless game. Hope we can bounce back for the weekend which counts, of course. Adrian impressed.
    That's why they named a wall after him. ;-)
    ‘How many mistakes are you allowed?’ Klopp asked the fourth official. ‘Because if it’s 15, you’ve got one left.’