Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Community Shield: Man City vs. Liverpool

Default Community Shield: Man City vs. Liverpool

Community Shield, Charity Shield, Glorified Friendly Shield... Whatever it is, it's a trophy.

Not sure how busy City players were this summer, but our big guns are only just back, so I think the result of this game might just be a coin toss. Would hate to lose it to them and it'd be nice to start off the season with a win, but losing wouldn't be the end of days.

Will be interested to see how Klopp lines up the team. As per the other thread, I haven't spent any time watching or paying much attention to the pre-season, so I really don't have an idea of who's really all that fit.

Perhaps he starts with the big guns, with the aim to swap them out in the second half. Maybe he does that in reverse. No idea.

Looking forward to the start of the new season!
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Administrator

Default Re: Community Shield: Man City vs. Liverpool

I wonder if Klopp might take this a little more seriously that he was intending a few weeks ago? Based on a supposed disappointing pre-season? (For the record, absent injuries and a slew of 10-0 against scoreslines, it’s not possible to have a disappointing pre-season).

Anyway, I see the same side as started the CL final absent Mané and depending on how the game goes, then bring on the kids.

I think they’d prefer to win the SuperCup, but to lay down a marker against City.

Administrator

BTW, 6 subs and straight to penalties after 90 mins. More of a friendly than I realized.

Administrator

Alisson;

Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson;

Henderson, Fabinho, Wijnaldum;

Salah, Firmino, Origi.

Substitutes: Mignolet, Lovren, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana, Shaqiri, Matip.

Administrator

Early in the second half. Missed the first 25 in the first. So far, even though it’s only 1-0 City, they are miles ahead. LFC showing very little of being in this game.

Administrator

Liverpool settled better as the game went on and might/should have won it. Unfortunate to lose on penalties. Not much between the sides. Results notwithstanding and a series of lousy results to boot, LFC have shown they’re there or thereabouts, as are City.

Gutted.

We've fallen 0 points behind already.

We do retain our all-important alphabetical advantage however.

;-)
    ‘How many mistakes are you allowed?’ Klopp asked the fourth official. ‘Because if it’s 15, you’ve got one left.’

Administrator

Wondering if Milner was injured? Not even a sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkand View Post
    Wondering if Milner was injured? Not even a sub.
    Per Klopp - small muscle tweak - expects that he could train on Tuesday.
    ‘How many mistakes are you allowed?’ Klopp asked the fourth official. ‘Because if it’s 15, you’ve got one left.’

Administrator

It’ll be interesting to watch what happens with Milner this season. To see if FSG are cold hard stat masters or not. Milner is of that age, 33(?), that FSG sees as surplus to requirements what with fitness, injuries and being a perhaps disciplinary threat in the locker room. Unless he signs a new contract by January, he becomes a Bosman free agent and can sign a contract with any club.