Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Summer Transfer Window

Default Re: 2019 Summer Transfer Window

Anyone have a view on why Klopp doesn't seem to rate Wilson? I've not watched anything but his wonder goals (seems to be the only kind for him), so maybe he's a lazy git. But in a window, where we clearly aren't going out of our way to add to the attacking talent pool, surely he's a good option to have off the bench, no?
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Administrator

Would agree. Don't know what the problem is.

Yeah. Woodburn, who seems to have been less successful in his loan spells, seems to get more playing time and chances than Harry.
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Yeah. Woodburn, who seems to have been less successful in his loan spells, seems to get more playing time and chances than Harry.
    Harry is 22. While he will still improve, he's at an age (like Ryan Kent) where the team starts to make final decisions about your future. I guess they feel that they have 95% level of certainty about your ceiling. What you see is what you get.

Ben is 19. He was much more impressive at 16 than recently. Then again, he's dealing with a whole new body. I think they are much less clear on where his ceiling is. And at Liverpool questions are always answered with more data.

So Harry is a near-term but fairly clear decision. Ben is a distant but foggier one.

That might be why you think Ben is seeing more daylight.
    ‘How many mistakes are you allowed?’ Klopp asked the fourth official. ‘Because if it’s 15, you’ve got one left.’

Administrator

Yes, good analysis there.

The decision has already been made about Kent it would appear.

Regarding Wilson, to me he's kinda like a poor man's Coutinho. He's not as good as the original, but he's not the worst clone I've seen either. I do think he could do a job from the bench; chances are he won't make the extra jump up to first team regular level, but I do think he'd be a useful asset for the season. With a view to putting him in the shop window for the whole season for a £25-30m transfer next July.

Wilson off to Bournemouth for a season long loan, it appears. I guess we'll see his Premier League potential or not...

In other news, apparently Coutinho being shopped around for a season-long loan, with a number of teams looking at it (including us). Would hate to see him at another Premiership club, but that seems more likely than back with us at this juncture...
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Administrator

Hearing the Coutinho price for a loan only is £27M and I think the club pays the wages. You could buy 4.5 Mignolets for that.

Yeah, I saw that figure too, but that was a week or so ago and now it seems a bit more like a fire-sale.
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkand View Post
    Hearing the Coutinho price for a loan only is £27M and I think the club pays the wages. You could buy 4.5 Mignolets for that.
    ... and if you were allowed to play all 4.5 of them at the same time you'd still have a backup to Alisson.

Because when your teammate is called "The Egyptian King" - in other words the Pharoah - but your middle name is Ramses then people underestimate you.

Best middle name since Emile [Ivanhoe] Heskey.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alisson
    Last edited by RobR; August 6th, 2019 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Link added
    ‘How many mistakes are you allowed?’ Klopp asked the fourth official. ‘Because if it’s 15, you’ve got one left.’

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Wilson off to Bournemouth for a season long loan, it appears. I guess we'll see his Premier League potential or not...

In other news, apparently Coutinho being shopped around for a season-long loan, with a number of teams looking at it (including us). Would hate to see him at another Premiership club, but that seems more likely than back with us at this juncture...
    I can't lay my hands on the quote (I think it's Melissa Reddy) but loosely paraphrased it went something like: "Coutinho left as Liverpool's best player, he'd return as sixth or seventh best."

Ouch.