Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Summer Transfer Window

Default Re: 2019 Summer Transfer Window

Liverpool
    IN:

Sepp van den Berg [PEC Zwolle] £1.3 m (£4.4 m with all add-ons) - We've already named an Air Force base after him: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vandenberg_Air_Force_Base

OUT:

Daniel Sturridge [Free Agent] Released - £120,000
    Alberto Moreno [Free Agent] Released - £40,000
    Adam Bogdan [Free Agent] Released - £15,000
    Connor Randall [Free Agent] Released - £?
    Sheyi Ojo [Rangers] Loan
    Rafa Camacho [Sporting Lisbon], £5m (£7m with add-ons, buyback, 20% sell-on) - £?

... drip ... drip ... drip

Net spend: -£3.7m
    Weekly wages: -£175,000 + Sepp - Connor - Rafa
    ‘How many mistakes are you allowed?’ Klopp asked the fourth official. ‘Because if it’s 15, you’ve got one left.’

Liverpool
    IN:

Sepp van den Berg [PEC Zwolle] £1.3 m (£4.4 m with all add-ons)

OUT:

Daniel Sturridge [Free Agent] Released - £120,000
    Alberto Moreno [Free Agent] Released - £40,000
    Adam Bogdan [Free Agent] Released - £15,000
    Connor Randall [Free Agent] Released - £?
    Sheyi Ojo [Rangers] Loan
    Rafa Camacho [Sporting Lisbon], £5m (£7m with add-ons, buyback, 20% sell-on) - £?
    Marko Grujic [Hertha Berlin] Loan
    Danny Ings [Southampton] £18m (£20m with add-ons) - £60,000
    Allan Rodrigues de Souza [Fluminense] Loan

Net spend: -£21.7m
    Weekly wages: -£235,000 + Sepp - Connor - Rafa
    ‘How many mistakes are you allowed?’ Klopp asked the fourth official. ‘Because if it’s 15, you’ve got one left.’

Administrator

We’ve signed Harvey Elliot from Fulham. He made headlines last season as the youngest ever player in the PL. Obviously an Academy signing, he can’t sign a professional contract for a year or two. He also wears a man bun.

Administrator

Hmmmm…The Telegraph says we’ve signed him, whereas The Guardian says we’re at the front of the queue to sign him.

Yep, it's going to be a quiet window. Focus is on re-signing the players we want to keep, who haven't yet signed improved contracts and opportunistically buying a few young talents.

Will be interesting to see how much time Brewster & Origi get. Given Klopp's domestic cup record (bar his first season), we haven't had nice long runs to blood the young kids. Trent has been a revelation, but I'd like to see a few more youth players come through into the first team a bit more regularly.

Charity Shield less than a month away now.
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Administrator

I think it's a quiet window all around, so far. City have made one signing of note, Spurs, same. CFC have a ban, I think, Arsenal, like United seem to be in the wilderness, a signing here and there but nothing to knock your socks off. I see the qualifying rounds of the CL start tonight, so maybe that's the sign to get the transfer ball rolling. Neymar is agitating for a move away from PSG after more or less engineering his move to them from Barca, so he's available!

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkand View Post
    I think it's a quiet window all around, so far. City have made one signing of note, Spurs, same. CFC have a ban, I think, Arsenal, like United seem to be in the wilderness, a signing here and there but nothing to knock your socks off. I see the qualifying rounds of the CL start tonight, so maybe that's the sign to get the transfer ball rolling. Neymar is agitating for a move away from PSG after more or less engineering his move to them from Barca, so he's available!
    It'd be ironic if after agitating to get his buddy Coutinho to move to Barca, only to sod off to PSG, if now Coutinho was the make-weight to get PSG to sell Neymar back...
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Administrator

It'll have to be something like that. Neymar's reputation notwithstanding (I'm struggling to think of a scenario where I'd sign him), there are only a handful of clubs who could possibly be in the market for Neymar - Barca, Real, City, United (maybe), Bayern (maybe), Juve (maybe) and throw in one other club, club x.

Next up is who would sign him? Agree with your Barca/Coutinho scenario, Real would have to be in the running, City might be interested, doubt he'd go to United, maybe Bayern and not sure he and Ronaldo could breathe the same air. By my way of thinking, unless Real decide it's a go or club x come in with an amazing offer, it's going to be the Coutinho trade.

It'll have to be something like that. Neymar's reputation notwithstanding (I'm struggling to think of a scenario where I'd sign him), there are only a handful of clubs who could possibly be in the market for Neymar - Barca, Real, City, United (maybe), Bayern (maybe), Juve (maybe) and throw in one other club, club x.

Next up is who would sign him? Agree with your Barca/Coutinho scenario, Real would have to be in the running, City might be interested, doubt he'd go to United, maybe Bayern and not sure he and Ronaldo could breathe the same air. By my way of thinking, unless Real decide it's a go or club x come in with an amazing offer, it's going to be the Coutinho trade.
    Mkhitaryan-Sanchez redux?

Anfield Sub

It'll have to be something like that. Neymar's reputation notwithstanding (I'm struggling to think of a scenario where I'd sign him), .
    Scenario: If we change our name to the Liverpool Gymnastics Club or Liverpool Acting School.
    Tony