Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Up against it. Barca home.

1st Team Regular

Default Re: Up against it. Barca home.

I've been thinking about Man-of-the-match all week long and have to say this is the most dificult one to decide, EVERY 1 OF THE BOYS DESERVE MOM TITLE. but i'm gonna give ot to Gini Winajldum not for his 2 goals, but rather for his Intensity, Passion, drive and desire to win. from the second he came on he was intense and trying fro the goals. just look back at his first goal, no time to celebrate, he runs to grab the ball from Ter segen and rolls him over to grab the ball, just look at Gini's face in that moment, thats my MOM, then after scoring his second he allows himself to celebrate, again look at his intensity! a reflection of so many thousands of fans at #Anfield what a day, what a match, what a moment, what memories, WE ARE LIVERPOOL, WE ARE MORE
    Klopp: We have to deliver results, we have to deliver success, we have to deliver emotions, we have to deliver memories

1st Team Regular

16 months after his departure, Coutinho gets front-row seat for Liverpool’s relentlessness to improve

https://theathletic.com/970170/2019/...weC1MR7zej3Xyw
    Klopp: We have to deliver results, we have to deliver success, we have to deliver emotions, we have to deliver memories

1st Team Regular

you know i have to say I'm really happy we have 3 weeks to prep, give klopp 3 weeks and it will ALWAYS result in a win. Put money o n it, i am. he had 7 days to prepare for the 2nd leg and look at what the boys produced. like I said elsewhere in these forums, if bobby is not fit, leave him out, he is way too important to risk further injury. the rest of the boys can get it done against spurs, a strong team yes, they are top4 after all, but we have spanked them twice this season already. aftwer training when they go home and sit down they get to think of what this Liverpool team has done this season, how many points behind us they were, and that we had only 1 loss at Anfield, and that we demolished Barcelona 4-0, they wont be ale to muster up the cojones to compete at our level. its just too demoralizing thinking about LFC for all opponents, in the CL we are the only club no one wants to face.

here is my starting 11:

Alisson

TAA, MAtip, VVD, robertson

hendo, fabinho, winajdum

Salah, Origi, Mane

Subs: Milner, ox, Lovren, GOmez, Sturridge, minolet, Shaquri

I still love this article from the NY Times...
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Administrator

Yes, very good indeed. Rory Smith. (The man threatened by Philly Carragher for daring to write something critical of 23).

Last edited by RobR; May 22nd, 2019 at 12:38 PM.
    ‘How many mistakes are you allowed?’ Klopp asked the fourth official. ‘Because if it’s 15, you’ve got one left.’

Administrator

Superb read!

So *that* explains it. Zonal Marking on the second leg:

"(Incidentally, Liverpool get into their usual structure much quicker after defending a corner, although because Andy Robertson always defends the near post, and Alexander-Arnold the far, after defending left-wing corners they simply remain in the corresponding full-back position, which means Liverpool play the next couple of minutes with, effectively, inverted full-backs.)"

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2019/05/...k-positioning/
    ‘How many mistakes are you allowed?’ Klopp asked the fourth official. ‘Because if it’s 15, you’ve got one left.’

Administrator

Good analysis. Hopefully we’ll be reading something similar in a week.

Administrator

Talking to a friend the other day - a City fan of all things, though he admits to be more of a general football fan - and both of us agreed that when remembering the CL both of us have mixed up this second leg as the final a few times, even though the final was only a month or so ago.

Yes, I do remember a few highlights from the final - Sissoko's handball, Mo's penalty, Allisson's save from the Eriksen free and obviously Origi's goal - but it is the Barca Anfield game that sticks in my mind and, as I say, I have confused it as the final a few times.