Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mascherano, Suarez, Coutinho to get a licking: AWAY TO BARSA

1st Team Regular

Default Mascherano, Suarez, Coutinho to get a licking: AWAY TO BARSA

EXPECTING to see keita step up and be the wunderkind that firmino has always been. particularly against coutinho

DARREL's team at camp nou:
    Alisson
    TAA Lovren VvD Robertson
    Hendo Fabinho Keita
    Mane sturridge Salah

subs: origi, OX, matip, Shaqiri, milner, winaljdam, minolet
    Klopp: We have to deliver results, we have to deliver success, we have to deliver emotions, we have to deliver memories

1st Team Regular

Default Re: Mascherano, Suarez, Coutinho to get a licking: AWAY TO BARSA

THE BOOKIES HAVE ALL GOT IT WORNG
    a great game to put money on Liverpool

JFTR: Our team is much stronger. faster, accurate and all round better than the team we beat them 4-0 in the international cup a couple years ago at Wembley, and they are essentially the same team, except for coutinho. so I'm not worried! i expect nothing less than another 4-0 win against this Barca team.

honestly mate no one can contain Messi, what we need to do is keep the ball off him, this is what other teams have done to contain him. so we need to work hard to cut off those lanes and passes, and maintain ball control. win back balls in a hurry.
    Klopp: We have to deliver results, we have to deliver success, we have to deliver emotions, we have to deliver memories

Administrator

Barcelona haven’t lost at home in the CL since 2013 and have won something like 25 of 28, drawing the other 3. I read somewhere that they give up 0.5 of a goal on average at home. So, Barcelona don’t lose at home and they don’t lose to scorelines of 4-0 or greater.

I think for most fans, a score draw will represent a great night’s work. Our defense is very good, so we might limit them in that respect, I think it’ll come at the detriment of the attack. I suspect Klopp would field 3 Firminos if he could based on his work rate and covering back abilities. If Firmino is fit, he starts. Otherwise, Origi, I’d think.

But in an attempt to stifle Barca, I’m not certain we’ll see TAA and Robertson rampaging up and down the wings and the team are just not the same trying to play it through the middle rather than from wide. Matip has probably done enough to earn a start because he hasn’t done enough to lose his place. Midfield will probably see Henderson, Fabinho and Wijnaldum. Klopp has a habit of going with the tried and true in big games, so even Milner for Fabinho wouldn’t be the biggest surprise.

A win is probably a bridge too far, a score draw would be excellent.

1st Team Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkand View Post
    . Our defense is very good, so we might limit them in that respect, I think itíll come at the detriment of the attack. I suspect Klopp would field 3 Firminos if he could based on his work rate and covering back abilities. If Firmino is fit, he starts. Otherwise, Origi, Iíd think. .

Our better defense will WIN this game, we are better in all 3 sectors v barca, yes they are probably the second best team in the CL this year, but I really am not looking past them, I would go with Keita instead of wijnadum on the strength of his last outing.

Iíll take a score draw, actuallly. Címon the Reds!
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Interesting line-up. 4-4-2?
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

3-5-2?
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Administrator

Alisson,

Gomez, Matip, van Dijk, Robertson,

Milner, Fabinho, Keita, Wijnaldum.

Salah, Mane.

Subs: Mignolet, Lovren, Firmino, Henderson, Shaqiri, Origi, Alexander-Arnold.

Administrator

Think that’s it. 4-4-2. Don’t like changing formation on account of the opposition.

Interesting, a place for Milner and not Henderson. TAA dropped for a returning Gomez. Keita with the Henderson spot.

Administrator

It seems a straight swap of Wijnaldum for Firmino. 4-3-3.