Thread: Mascherano, Suarez, Coutinho to get a licking: AWAY TO BARSA

Default Re: Mascherano, Suarez, Coutinho to get a licking: AWAY TO BARSA

P.S. Completely agree about Trent.
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Darrel3000 View Post
    IM SO F****ING UPSET WITH THE GAFFER. He showed them too much respect, changing the formation and team and style was a MISTAKE! I missed the first 15 minutes but the rest of the way we didn't play Liverpool Football, the usual press was not there, Barcelona did a lot to cut off our usual lanes, but there so much to be had, we just didnt play liverpool football, constant press and constant attacks. e played into their hands and got what we derserved. for f****s sake Klopp, what were you thinking, gomez in for TAA was a serious hindrance to our attacking style, sure we need to defend well and Gomez is better defendding at the back, but the best defense is a great attcak WHOIHC WE HAVE FOR F****S SAKE, WHY WOULD YOU CHANGE THAT. YOU MUST REVERT TO LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL IN THE RETURN LEG, I'M NOT AKSING I'M TELLING.
    Yeah, with BD here.

What bollocks is this? It seems you didn't miss the first 15 minutes of the game, more like the first 115 minutes. He did not change the formation, merely replaced a probably unfit Firmino with a less effective Wijnaldum, a change that didn't work. They did to us what we've done to countless teams this season, took our best shots and hit us against the run of play. Plus no stopping that free kick. And by the time the game was over, we were lucky it was only 3-0.

BTW, the not asking, I'm telling crap? Who's that directed at? Klopp? You do know this is a pissant Liverpool forum in the hinterlands of the internet that is populated by 6 people, a dog and a stray housefly on a very good day? Or are you going to Melwood all mardy with banners and stuff? I'm not asking, I'm telling. Yeah...

Me, the dog and the housefly are going the pub to drown our sorrows now. Watch out for the house fly if you see us, he's really pissed off.
    "A football team is like a piano. You need eight men to carry it and three who can play the damn thing."
    - Bill Shankly

Administrator

Great. Now there’s no one here. Don’t let the dog eat the fly, you did that the last time.

Anfield Sub

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkand View Post
    Yeah, with BD here.

W this is a pissant Liverpool forum in the hinterlands of the internet that is populated by 6 people, a dog and a stray housefly on a very good day?

I hope you count me as 1 of the 6 people, not a dog, not a housefly. (I read all the posts, not necessarily posting a lot of stuff.)

By the way, the team needs support the most when they are down. I was listening to the TV live stream while working at the same time.
    Unless the Barca fans were also singing Allez Allez Allez, I think the away supporters were singing quite loudly, even when we were down 2-0.
    That was nice.
    Tony

Anfield Sub

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkand View Post
    Hmmm. Taking a 3-0 lead to Anfield? 3-3 pens or 4-3? Nope, just can’t see either.
    We just need to score the first goal, and then somehow get lucky and score the second goal. Then, anything can happen.
    On the other hand, if they ...
    Tony

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by olt View Post
    I hope you count me as 1 of the 6 people, not a dog, not a housefly. (I read all the posts, not necessarily posting a lot of stuff.)
    Naw, the dog and the housefly wander by by accident, not knowing where they are. The rest of us actually chose to be here.

(And Klopp is not coming by here to collect any insights or marching orders).

Administrator

The headlines are all of the variety of, “wasteful Liverpool…”, “Liverpool left to rue missed chances…” and so on. The theme obviously is that we didn’t take our chances. Which is pretty much how it was. Maybe if the Pique/Mané penalty was called early on the game would have had a different complexion, but the truth was that Barca kept plugging away until they found a opening and then made sure. We found openings and hit the post or opted to pass.

VVD should have had Suárez for the first goal (or at least directed Matip better). There was no stopping that free kick which will live long in the memory and Messi’s first was the result of Barca pressing home their advantage when in a position to do so. Much like our football. And in simple terms, Barca scored when they were presented with the chances, we didn’t. Football can be like that.

On a different night that would have been 3-2, 3-3. Just a shame it was 3-0.

Administrator

Oh and I think the untold story of the night was the Barca defense. Smothering - very, very good.

Suárez and Messi may have won it, but the defense was the platform upon which that win was built.

I have to take issue with the snowflakes getting all hot and bothered by Suarez’s celebration and Lineker/Rio’s as well. Get a grip.

I still love Luis. What a player and a damn shame to have to play against him.
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp