Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff v Liverpool: A visit to Gringots

Administrator

Default Re: Cardiff v Liverpool: A visit to Gringots

Quote Originally Posted by olt View Post
    There were no ball boys initially. So the players had to retrieve the balls themselves. So, sometimes our players had to get the balls even it was Cardiff's throw-in. Too much time was wasted because of that. Even with that, there was only 2 minutes of added time in the first half only.
    The commentators even made a comment asking "would the ball boys come back after we scored".

Then, after we went up 2-0, (could be earlier), the ball boys re-appeared.
    Hadn't seen that. Ta.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Job done. Man I hate Warnock.

Hoping that Ole gets a good response from the United team on Wednesday, but they are pants. Think we'll need Dyche to park the bus to take points of City.

Listen, if City win every game from here, they deserve the league. Honestly, the run of wins from both our sides is pretty spectacular.
    What about Uncle Brenny?

Also, and this is probably heresy, but I do think if Mourinho was in charge, even after a 4-0 shellacking, he'd love to be involved in spoiling it for City. Now I suppose it could be argued that he would roll over to inflict the wound on Liverpool, but I do think he'd prefer to get one over on Guardiola and I do think in a one-off game, at home, he would park several buses and grind out the draw or nick a late winner. However, this is just speculation. I do know that Ole doesn't have Mourinho's defensive nous. The single solitary hope is the arse-kicking effect.

Administrator

Looking at the run in, it's pointless to look at our remaining games. Either we win them all or we don't win the league. So let's assume 9 points there.

City have United away, Burnley away, Leicester home and Brighton away.

United: Difficult to say. If the Everton team from yesterday, then they get their collective arses thumped again and 3 points City. They'll have to play so far above themselves, something that has been lacking since the PSG match away, that's it's difficult to see them troubling City. But. But. They'll know their only shot at redemption and a possible top 4 finish is to get a result against City. Can they possibly be as bad as they were yesterday? Probably not. They will be up for it, as will City. I've gone from harboring hopes of maybe a United win, definitely a draw, to an outside chance of a draw. The derby atmosphere and the chance to play spoiler will help, but a draw only on a very good day.

Burnely: They've not reached the heights of last season, but Dyche has found that extra gear in recent months. While they'll rarely outscore you, they are good defensively. The hope here would be for a draw, maybe a better chance than United.

Leicester: Playing really good football since the appointment of Rodgers and Vardy seems reborn. I'd be hugely more confident if this were an away game, but Leicester will give them a game. Personally this is the game I'm hanging my hat on.

Brighton: Less of a chance here than United. Even if Brighton need relegation points, they don't have what it takes to make a game of it. While there'll always be a (Dumb and Dumber Type) chance, if they've gone 3 for 3 going into this game, I'm not really holding out much, if any, hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkand View Post
    Looking at the run in, it's pointless to look at our remaining games. Either we win them all or we don't win the league. So let's assume 9 points there.

City have United away, Burnley away, Leicester home and Brighton away.

United: Difficult to say. If the Everton team from yesterday, then they get their collective arses thumped again and 3 points City. They'll have to play so far above themselves, something that has been lacking since the PSG match away, that's it's difficult to see them troubling City. But. But. They'll know their only shot at redemption and a possible top 4 finish is to get a result against City. Can they possibly be as bad as they were yesterday? Probably not. They will be up for it, as will City. I've gone from harboring hopes of maybe a United win, definitely a draw, to an outside chance of a draw. The derby atmosphere and the chance to play spoiler will help, but a draw only on a very good day.

Burnely: They've not reached the heights of last season, but Dyche has found that extra gear in recent months. While they'll rarely outscore you, they are good defensively. The hope here would be for a draw, maybe a better chance than United.

Leicester: Playing really good football since the appointment of Rodgers and Vardy seems reborn. I'd be hugely more confident if this were an away game, but Leicester will give them a game. Personally this is the game I'm hanging my hat on.

Brighton: Less of a chance here than United. Even if Brighton need relegation points, they don't have what it takes to make a game of it. While there'll always be a (Dumb and Dumber Type) chance, if they've gone 3 for 3 going into this game, I'm not really holding out much, if any, hope.
    So our chances of winning the league hinge on a team with 22 good-to-great players being out-strategized by the brain trust of Solskjær, Dyche, Rodgers, and Hughton?

Looking forward to the Champions League.
    ‘How many mistakes are you allowed?’ Klopp asked the fourth official. ‘Because if it’s 15, you’ve got one left.’

Administrator

Well, so far this season 22 good to great players have been out strategized by Espírito-Santo, Genesio, Klopp, Genesio again, Sarri, Hodgson, Puel, Benitez and Pochettino. So maybe.

Anfield Sub

Quote Originally Posted by olt View Post
    There were no ball boys initially. So the players had to retrieve the balls themselves. So, sometimes our players had to get the balls even it was Cardiff's throw-in. Too much time was wasted because of that. Even with that, there was only 2 minutes of added time in the first half only.
    The commentators even made a comment asking "would the ball boys come back after we scored".

Then, after we went up 2-0, (could be earlier), the ball boys re-appeared.

Posted a video on the LFCNY Facebook page.
    Tony

Administrator

I must be missing something? Have read and seen more than a few articles and posts about the “problems” for Liverpool fans in supporting United tonight. All very dramatic, overwrought and verging on the hysterical.

If United take points from City, it puts us in pole position. United winning or drawing is not somehow going to help them win the league this season (or next) and even if they take all the points on offer to them for the remainder of the season, they’ll still finish beneath us, pun intended.

A United draw or win is great news for Liverpool, I’m all for it. In the same way as I’ll be a Leicester fan and Burnley fan, etc. The enemy of my enemy is my friend as long as he remains my enemy’s enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkand View Post
    I must be missing something? Have read and seen more than a few articles and posts about the “problems” for Liverpool fans in supporting United tonight. All very dramatic, overwrought and verging on the hysterical.

If United take points from City, it puts us in pole position. United winning or drawing is not somehow going to help them win the league this season (or next) and even if they take all the points on offer to them for the remainder of the season, they’ll still finish beneath us, pun intended.

A United draw or win is great news for Liverpool, I’m all for it. In the same way as I’ll be a Leicester fan and Burnley fan, etc. The enemy of my enemy is my friend as long as he remains my enemy’s enemy.
    A draw serves the purpose of keeping United further out of the CL race and putting us in pole position in the title race. Problem solved.

Bar that, I can still root for a meteor strike.
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Administrator

Given the points situation, the best result for us is a United win, followed by a draw. I'm rooting for the win, happy with the draw.

Administrator

…and frightened by the loss.