Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cardiff v Liverpool: A visit to Gringots

Default Re: Cardiff v Liverpool: A visit to Gringots

It’s the hope that kills you.
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Administrator

Hang on. Just went to The Cabinet Of Hope (TCOH) and the Burnley, Leicester and Brighton shelves are stacked tall, every inch taken, with lots of hope plus a soupçon or two of desperation. In truth, more desperation than hope on the Brighton shelf.

Everything on the United shelf has passed its sell-by date.

Klopp on the United result:

It was really the result I expected.
    Ouch!
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Administrator

He's only saying what most of us thought; when we started looking at where City might drop points towards the back end of their schedule, the obvious game to hang your hat on was the derby. United were playing reasonably well, still had the Ole/new manager bump and had pulled off a very creditable win in Paris (albeit with a dubious penalty). It looked as if they would give City a game.

But then they reverted to form and their results reflected the squad rather than the manager. Keane and Neville got into a slanging match last night on Sky. Keane's point was that they weren't trying, Neville's, that they were at the limits of their ability. Not for the first time, I've come down on the opposite side to Keane. Despite the ridiculous PFA team of the season, is there a single United player who gets into the Liverpool or City sides? (Or even Spurs?). And that's what Klopp was saying. They may arse into 4th place, more likely they'll finish 5th or 6th. Any of those positions are not reflective of their ability.

I've been hanging my hat on Leicester for a while and can also see merit in Burnley at Turf Moor. Any hope (which always kills you!) I had for United died at Goodison last Saturday.