Thread: CL QF 2nd Leg. Just finish the job. Porto away.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator

Default CL QF 2nd Leg. Just finish the job. Porto away.

Taking a healthy but not insurmountable 2-0 lead into the second leg, Liverpool should have enough to get the job done, especially if they score; Porto will then need 4 which is very unlikely. Last season on the R16, the first leg was away and Liverpool did the business 5-0. Which would be wonderful this time out, but like Porto scoring 4, highly unlikely. Porto are a better side than last season and while they may not have what it takes to get past Liverpool, I don't see a 5-0 hammering at home.

I thought Lovern would replace Matip against Chelsea, but didn't. I think he will here. So back 4 (Lovern/Matip) and front 3 the same. Midfield again the quandary. Fabinho, yes. Henderson, probably, if fit. Milner, maybe, if Klopp is looking for safety first, though that could also be Wijnaldum. Not certain that Keita sees a start, even if he did score in the first leg.

I don't expect Liverpool to lose and a win is not guaranteed. A draw suits nicely, but I've an itchy feeling our winning run will continue.
    Last edited by Samarkand; April 15th, 2019 at 06:52 PM.