Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ghostly echoes of times past? Chelsea home

Administrator

Default Re: Ghostly echoes of times past? Chelsea home

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkand View Post
    I had hoped that Palace would prove too tough for a win for City yesterday, but that proved not to be the case. But they still have Spurs at home, the derby away and Uncle Brenny will be paying them a visit with a much improved Leicester side.
    Squeaky bum time. I had figured that City would have dropped points against Palace or Spurs or perhaps even both. And yet they thundered on. Now we're down to hoping for United or Leicester; what I wouldn't have given for a Spurs or Palace equalizer.
    Last edited by Samarkand; April 21st, 2019 at 05:26 AM.

Administrator

After a little think that hasn’t strained the neurons too much, I’m wondering if Leicester might not be our best hope? I rate Rodgers as a more canny manager than Skolsjaer; the wheels have come off the Ole bus a little recently and I suspect they may not have enough for a better equipped City side.

Despite the personnel changes, Leicester have always had the backbone of a decent league side and Rodgers does seem to shown a thing or two since he took over. In short, I’ve more faith in Uncle Brenny than Ole. (But both would be nice).

Administrator

Evert*n 4-0 up on United. Donít see this United side giving City a game.

The United result gives scant hope for Wednesday. And to think we drew with both of these showers to put us in this situation makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit.
    "A football team is like a piano. You need eight men to carry it and three who can play the damn thing."
    - Bill Shankly