Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Southampton v Liverpool: We go again

1st Team Regular

Default Re: Southampton v Liverpool: We go again

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkand View Post
    It was Henderson’s header that set Salah free, yes?

So that’s an assist, a goal and a yellow in 31+ minutes.
    what did I say about hendo playing with much intensity and maturity eh!?

and as BD predicted 3-1 win. keep it up bhai
    Klopp: We have to deliver results, we have to deliver success, we have to deliver emotions, we have to deliver memories

1st Team Regular

PS: i invited ESPN's Katie Nolan, conffeesed LFC fan to join us on these forums...
    Klopp: We have to deliver results, we have to deliver success, we have to deliver emotions, we have to deliver memories

Administrator

Ha! From FB, I think. Henderson looked like Klopp had deprived him of raw meat for a year.

Administrator

More than a few times this season, especially since Christmas, I have wondered why Klopp has, in big games, gone with the midfield of Wijnaldum, Henderson and Milner. It’s obviously the trio he sees as his most reliable. Fabinho has made a serious claim that he should be one of the three, while Keita, Shaqiri and Lallana have made cameo appearances. But HMW it is. I don’t see that midfield as being creative, but it is very workmanlike.

I think the performances of Milner and obviously Henderson have gone a long way to showing us what Klopp has in mind with that midfield trio. Perversely, of course, it wasn’t HMW in midfield, Milner played at right back and Wijnaldum was on the bench. But I think we saw what Klopp sees. Leadership, allied to footballing nous and prowess. I’m still not sold on HMW, but I do understand better why.

Soton's position in the table is a bit shocking to me after that game. They have some good players and really gave us fits - admittedly we were far from our best in the first half. That Salah goal was right out of his rampaging period last season, hope it gets him solidly back in the groove goal-wise.
    "A football team is like a piano. You need eight men to carry it and three who can play the damn thing."
    - Bill Shankly

1st Team Regular

Quote Originally Posted by RyeRed View Post
    That Salah goal was right out of his rampaging period last season, hope it gets him solidly back in the groove goal-wise.
    AGREED, espcecially since we need to close the gap on goal defference, we did once already this season, so yes please. thank you lads