Thread: Irresistable Force meet Immovable Object - Rodgers at Leicester

Default Irresistable Force meet Immovable Object - Rodgers at Leicester

Opinions differ on Brendan Rodgers and clearly I am not a fan. Still, I'm looking forward to his tenure at Leicester.

It's the exciting combination of someone I think of as an arrogant pissant (an American expression denoting excessive self-confidence in one with modest gifts) and a manager-killing locker room that seems a threat to lie down and whine at any moment. It gives me much the same feeling as that I experience when a really badly-behaved child throws a public tantrum and the parent neither capitulates nor solves the problem but instead makes an equivalent mess of things with sublime assurance. A sort of guilty fascination like rubbernecking as you pass by a car crash.

This seems a heady mix of characters. Nitro meets Glycerin.

It's hard to know who to root for as I find both sides unappealing. The thought that someone has to lose cheers me up no end.

Pass the popcorn.
    Last edited by RobR; February 28th, 2019 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Added comma
    ‘How many mistakes are you allowed?’ Klopp asked the fourth official. ‘Because if it’s 15, you’ve got one left.’

Default Re: Irresistable Force meet Immovable Object - Rodgers at Leicester

Leicester - So far, so good. Tony Evans not so impressed.

The campaign climaxed with a 6-1 defeat at Stoke City. All that was left was the lingering smell of bull****. Rodgers was doomed. It was only a matter of time. Jurgen Klopp replaced him three months into the next season.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...rce=reddit.com
    ‘How many mistakes are you allowed?’ Klopp asked the fourth official. ‘Because if it’s 15, you’ve got one left.’