Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Tottenham: Revenge, Part Deux

Default Liverpool v Tottenham: Revenge, Part Deux

Spurs travel to Anfield on the weekend, with an opportunity to exact some revenge for our spanking at Wembley. A win for us and the gap between 4 and 5/6 will look pretty sizeable. A loss or draw and we will remain within touching distance.

Dave's Team:

Mignolet

Gomez Matip VvD Robertson

Can Henderson Lallana

Salah Firmino Mane
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Default Re: Liverpool v Tottenham: Revenge, Part Deux

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Spurs travel to Anfield on the weekend, with an opportunity to exact some revenge for our spanking at Wembley. A win for us and the gap between 4 and 5/6 will look pretty sizeable. A loss or draw and we will remain within touching distance.

Dave's Team:

Mignolet

Gomez Matip VvD Robertson

Can Henderson Lallana

Salah Firmino Mane
    Isn't Lallana injured? I'd bring Oxelade Chamberlain back in.
    "Yeah-it's the only house we have. Liverpool is my home and I will come back."- Rafa Benitez

Administrator

Lallana out until next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkand View Post
    Lallana out until next week.
    I thought it was 4 weeks but it is certain he misses this weekend.

I think Spurs will target whoever we put at RB, Gomez or TAA. Not much we can do about it either, and if it's anything, it's good experience for the boys. Got to learn to defend properly at some point.

Might be about fine margins, Mane been desperately unlucky, his control not quite there and chances spurned not quite being guilt-edged, maybe a big game from him could be the difference. Mo seems to miss 3 before he inevitably just seems to be found 10 yards out with 3/4 of a goal to slide the ball into. Can has a huge game or two followed by stinkers. AOC has it in him to go missing, not sure where but I'm certain if you found him you'd find Gini in the same place. These guys putting in a shift will make the difference. I don't need to mention our keepers.

Spurs were excellent against United midweek. But a goal in 10 seconds makes the difference, they made a quick start against us as well. Remember a strong Spurs team nearly lost to Newport a few days before.

This should be a footballing classic. We owe Spurs as well, they can be got at and I think we'll have plenty chances I just hope we don't gift them a lead or let them blow us out the water inside 15 minutes.

A draw isn't the end of the world, we have a run of very winnable games to follow while there seems to be a top 6 match up for the next few weeks where us simply winning our own games means we'll find ourselves comfortably inside the top 4.

Come on you might reds.

Liverpool to win 5-1. Mane first goal.

Administrator

Karius,

Alexander-Arnold, Van Dijk, Lovren, Robertson,

Can, Henderson, Milner,

Salah, Firmino, Mané.

Subs: Wijnaldum, Moreno, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Mignolet, Ings, Solanke, Matip.

Big questions in this line-up are, will Milner be able to keep up with the game, and how will VvD and Lovren do together.
    "A football team is like a piano. You need eight men to carry it and three who can play the damn thing."
    - Bill Shankly

Administrator

12 minutes to go. 1-0 looking precarious.

Administrator

Jinxed it, right?

Then again, we don’t do 1-0s.

Administrator

Interesting finish. Saved penalty was never a penalty, the scored one was. We got unlucky with a very vigilant linesman, but he got it right. Very slight contact by VVD, but enough. What’s the saying? You never want to give the ref (or linesman) a decision to make.

Probably a fair result, though when you take the lead in injury time, you’re always going to feel cheated/let down if the others eke out an equaliser.

I give the first dive a 4 - result: yellow
    The second a 6 - result: penalty
    The third a 5 - result: penalty

Extra credit for failing to award a card on the high kick that was actually a high kick while near a player in your line of sight. Surprised we didn't see at least yellow from the same referee that gave Sadio a red for something that wasn't a foul. I'd *really* like to not see this crew of officials again any time soon.
    ‘How many mistakes are you allowed?’ Klopp asked the fourth official. ‘Because if it’s 15, you’ve got one left.’