Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Winter Transfer Window 2018

Default Re: Winter Transfer Window 2018

So with VvD here and Coutinho gone, I wonder (absent additional purchases) what our best 11 looks like right now.

For me, it's:

Mignolet

Gomez Matip VvD Robertson

Can Winjaldum Lallana

Salah Firmino Mane

I wouldn't be so upset to see that the rest of the season...
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkand View Post
    Just thinking - if Liverpool do play hardball and decide not to let Coutinho leave at all or until summer, I suspect he might not go/be on strike. Wordl Cup and all that and I think he is the captain or vice-captain of Brazil.

Also just read that Juve have offered can 85k per week plus large sign on bonus. Mixed feelings here - he's not as good as he was, but he's young so will he improve or is it that he won't be a huge loss?
    Evert-n sell Barkley for 15m as they'll lose him for nothing next summer, yet we're allowing Can to walk away? Why not sell him now for 15m? Tell him he'll face 4 months of U23 football before a World Cup if he doesn't sign a new deal with us or leave in January.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    So with VvD here and Coutinho gone, I wonder (absent additional purchases) what our best 11 looks like right now.

For me, it's:

Mignolet

Gomez Matip VvD Robertson

Can Winjaldum Lallana

Salah Firmino Mane

I wouldn't be so upset to see that the rest of the season...
    That's a mighty fine starting 11 still, however the midfield 3 is obviously weaker than a lot of our rivals and may well struggle in Europe. Gini needs a big upturn in form and Lallana needs to pick up fitness fast. I know we've got Keita coming in this summer but Hendo I feel is on his way out, and we need another major signing to replace Coutinho otherwise we're going backwards again.

Administrator

Well, whaddya know? That thigh injury was for real. Ruled out by Barca for 4 weeks or so.

Well, whaddya know? That thigh injury was for real. Ruled out by Barca for 4 weeks or so.
    You sure he's not angling for a transfer to Madrid?
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Administrator

Monaco amenable to Lemar leaving this month, supposedly.

Cameron Brannagan to Oxford, not sure of price.

Monaco amenable to Lemar leaving this month, supposedly.

Cameron Brannagan to Oxford, not sure of price.
    Would love Lemar to happen this month. Another two fingers up to Arsenal. They are in danger of major decline. The top 6 may get cast off as a top 4 again.

Sure we'll see a culling of squad players. Our youth system is excellent and whilst it's all very business-like, generating profits from them is important. Chelsea and United are experts at it. We might only raise 3m here or 5m there from a sale but we seem to have set up good sell-on clauses that bring in unexpected revenue down the line. Brannagan might be 500k, but with a 20% sell-on clause. If he goes on to shine in League Two then a Championship team comes in for 5m and we pick up 1m.

I was thinking we might see a permanent deal for Origi, but possibly not until the summer. We don't need a Solanke and an Origi.

Haven't heard any more of Woodburn loan to Sunderland, did that happen?

Danny Ings we'd get our money back on, maybe profit in January as there are teams desperate for goals. That boy scored goals before he got his injuries. Newcastle and Palace rumoured. I'd be tempted to stick Grujic (if he's not injured) on loan to a team scrapping for relegation. West Brom maybe, get him ploughing into tackles and see if his talent shines through or not.

Danny Sturridge is surely going to leave, we'll take whatever we can get but getting the 120k a week off the books would be preferential. Great wasted talent really, not going to feature for us and with Brewster, Woodburn, Ojo and others potentially coming through, he's not needed.

Administrator

Real Madrid signed Dani Ceballos for €18m last summer. €500m release clause. But Real will sell for their purchase price, or close on anyway, and apparently we’re top of the queue. Midfielder.

Administrator

Were in for Mahrez.
    Were going to sign Lemar.
    Were going to get Sanchez.

Were not signing Lemar.
    Were not getting Sanchez.
    Were not in for Mahrez.

There. Ive updated the transfer thread.

You missed:

Keita signs Saturday and plays Sunday.
    Keita doesn't sign Saturday and play Sunday.
    "A football team is like a piano. You need eight men to carry it and three who can play the damn thing."
    - Bill Shankly