Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Transfer Window 2018

Administrator

Default Re: Winter Transfer Window 2018

Coutinho gone for £142m?

Administrator

Done. Pissed off, but whaddya gonna do?

£105m, plus a further £35m in variables.

* £17m payable for the first 100 games Coutinho plays for Barcelona, £4.4m per 25 games.

* £4.4m would be paid for Champions League qualification in the first two seasons with a £4.4m bonus for winning the competition.

* Coutinho has agreed a five and a-half year deal worth £12.1m a season

£142m has been reported but those figures add up to £140m.

Seemed inevitable and I guess it was. Will be interesting to see what we're able to do now. At least it was early in the window.
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

We know from the VvD saga that Klopp won't settle and won't panic buy. So I'd guess that we stand pat until the summer. I trust Klopp and FSG (famous last words) to handle it.
    ‘How many mistakes are you allowed?’ Klopp asked the fourth official. ‘Because if it’s 15, you’ve got one left.’

Assumed when I heard the news that other business had been tied up otherwise the timing here would be wrong. Current noise is Mahrez coming in. Interesting.
    Last edited by RyeRed; January 6th, 2018 at 06:25 PM. Reason: grammar
    "A football team is like a piano. You need eight men to carry it and three who can play the damn thing."
    - Bill Shankly

Administrator

Read somewhere - and neither believe nor disbelieve - that we’re not interested in Mahrez and have communicated the same to Leicester lest they get their noses out of joint.

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkand View Post
    Read somewhere - and neither believe nor disbelieve - that we’re not interested in Mahrez and have communicated the same to Leicester lest they get their noses out of joint.
    Read the same from a reporter that seems to have really good contact inside the club. I sortof expect something to happen even though I believe Klopp's history of sticking to his guns and waiting for his desired player but I think this time they might pay over the top to get said player because of the extra ordinary circumstances now (selling Coutinho in the middle of the season).

I'm pissed because I don't see why the deal couldn't wait until the summer. I'm more upset with Phil but it is what it it. We got VVD in the middle of the season. Let's hope we go on and stuff Barca in the Champions League and there league points league collapses. Here's to us winning the CL. Up yer arse Phil!
    "Yeah-it's the only house we have. Liverpool is my home and I will come back."- Rafa Benitez

Assuming we can't find a like-for-like Coutinho replacement in this transfer window, what position would you buy at (assuming Herr Klopp agrees)?

I'd nominate GK. I'm happy with our back line, I'm okay with our midfield for now (although I could see someone coming in this summer along with Keita), and I'm really happy with our front line.

That leaves ...
    ‘How many mistakes are you allowed?’ Klopp asked the fourth official. ‘Because if it’s 15, you’ve got one left.’

Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    Assuming we can't find a like-for-like Coutinho replacement in this transfer window, what position would you buy at (assuming Herr Klopp agrees)?

I'd nominate GK. I'm happy with our back line, I'm okay with our midfield for now (although I could see someone coming in this summer along with Keita), and I'm really happy with our front line.

That leaves ...
    After Arsenal, I'm over the Mig. He's had enough chances and keeps failing. When you think of the top keepers, they win you points our keeper costs us points. This season alone he's cost us about six points. United, Chelsea and City's keepers earn them points. I'm not sold on Karius even though he's improved since last year. I would go back to the Roma well and buy Alisson. He's keeping the number one jersey away from Ederson in the Brasil team. He's a great passer of the ball and will earn you points throughout the season. We've been flirting with Lemar, now time to close the deal.
    "Yeah-it's the only house we have. Liverpool is my home and I will come back."- Rafa Benitez

Administrator

According to reports, Coutinho ponied up £11.5m (9 now, 2.5 to follow) of his own money to ensure Liverpool’s valuation was met, supplementing Barca’s bid. Which means he paid to join to them and that Barca would not go beyond £130.5m. Obvious this shows just how much he wanted to leave, but I find it curious.

If Barca we’re not prepared to meet Liverpool’s valuation and left the difference to Coutinho, I can’t imagine that that will fill him full of Barca confidence. More likely, there’re tax implications for Barca and Coutinho that made the structure of this transfer best served by having Coutinho chip in.