Thread: A visit to east London. West Ham away.

Administrator

Default A visit to east London. West Ham away.

Following up on the competent defeat of Maribor, we travel to the Olympic Stadium for a Saturday evening tilt against a slightly improving West Ham. On paper, you'd have to think we've got more than they have and even away from home should prove too much for them. Still, we know games aren't played on paper and Liverpool rarely make it that easy.

Our injury list is long: Wijnaldum, Lovern, Coutinho, Mané, Lallana, Clyne and I believe Ward is also injured. With the exception of Ward, a case could be made for the others that they'd all start. (In passing, what news of Danny Ings?). I'd like to see Robertson get a start and Gomez in the centre. I presume Milner, Hendo and Can in the centre. Wonder if Sturridge will start or will Klopp stick with AOC?

If, and it's a big if, we have found a way to unlock obdurate defences, then we should have too much for them and it'd be nice if our biggest quandary was who'll take the penalties?

Default Re: A visit to east London. West Ham away.

I'd go with:

Mignolet

TAA Matip Gomez Robertson

Milner Hendo Can

Salah Sturridge AOC
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Administrator

Klopp saying Mané might be good for 20-25 minutes. Sweeeet.

Administrator

Mignolet;

Gomez, Matip, Klavan, Moreno;

Wijnaldum, Can; Oxlade-Chamberlain,

Salah, Mane; Firmino.

Substitutes: Karius, Lovren, Alexander-Arnold, Milner, Grujic, Solanke, Sturridge.

Administrator

Can't believe anyone ever doubted this side...

Well, the 'ammers were poor enough to get Bilic his P45, but you can only play who's in front of you and this was a very nice away result. Made me realize how much we've missed Mane. I can only wonder where we'd be if we had addressed the defensive issues in the summer.
    "A football team is like a piano. You need eight men to carry it and three who can play the damn thing."
    - Bill Shankly

Well thanks to our poor defence I didn't suffer a 3rd week of one of our main forwards scoring first and us winning 3-0. I missed both bets previous having dropped it due to Dejan Lovren basically, so Gomez showing he'll be a better CB than RB solved that for me. And then the late Mo show as well.

Salah and Mane. Just great to watch. That 1st goal was a thing of beauty. Anyone think we WOULDN'T score when Mane skipped the first tackle? And the finish by Mo for his 2nd goal was just sweet.

Excellent result, good timing for us for once. Bilic sacked and you'd expect some kind of response from a team with a new manager. *Scrap that I forgot they appointed Moyes*

Onto Southampton next at home, I'm doing it already aren't I? I'm looking at us getting to January in touch with the expectation of our tight arsed owners spending money. Silly Delaware.

But, with Lallana back in training, and Mane fit again, we're in good shape going forward and attack is the best form of defence, especially when we have no defence. It's a better attack with Mane and Lallana so we can hope to win games by virtue of being better at the shooting thing than the stopping the shooting thing until we can buy players to stop being so..........aah. Done it again.