Thread: 7-0 again? Hmm….Maribor at home.

Administrator

Default 7-0 again? Hmm….Maribor at home.

Our recent downswing has seen 3 points of light - Leicester, Huddersfield and brightest of all, Maribor. 7-0 away was a comprehensive thumping, so the conventional wisdom would indicate that it'll be a greater scoreline at home. Which, I think, as most of us know, will not happen (probably). It'll still be a victory, but I'm not sure we'll scale the heights of a 7-0 scoreline.

As to the team, this should be interesting. There are very few eventualities that lead to anything other than a Liverpool win, so I wonder will Klopp tinker a bit, with the back line especially? I'd really like to get to see Robertson, as I've liked what I've seen in his brief cameos so far. Has Lovern recovered? And if so, will he be selected as a confidence booster? We know what we have in Klavan, how about Gomez in the centre? TAA has been a bit quiet. Karius to start, I'm guessing. In midfield, Milner, Henderson, Can, Wijnaldum, AOC all vying for 3 spots and upfront I'll presume Coutinho has recovered, so does this mean Sturridge sits? And what about the kids, Woodburn et al? A run out for any of them?

It's going to be a really interesting selection.
    Last edited by Samarkand; November 1st, 2017 at 04:29 PM.

Default Re: 7-0 again? Hmm….Maribor at home.

This is a no-win game. 7-0 expected, but it won't be. He needs to be professional and put out a strong team. I'd take any form of win. Getting through the group is crucial and 3 points here followed by 3 points at home to Spartak win us the group.

Let the squad play against Sevilla in the dead rubber in December.

It will be a frustrating game where Maribor come not to be embarrassed and we toil to break them down in front of a quiet and increasingly frustrated Anfield. "Are you not entertained?"

Administrator

Karius;

Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Klavan, Moreno;

Milner, Can, Wijnaldum;

Oxlade-Chamberlain, Firmino, Salah.

Subs: Mignolet, Gomez, Henderson, Sturridge, Grujic, Robertson, Solanke.

Administrator

Outraged! 14 mins gone, still 0-0.

Administrator

3-0 FT. About right; Maribor parked the bus, so we were never going to hit big numbers like 2 weeks ago.

Football's a strange game - scoreless first half, miss a penalty, win 3-0. Maribor and Huddersfield, both. Even I'm thinking of shoehorning in on DR's "3-0 Liverpool, Suarez first goal" bet.

Administrator

A resolute, dour defense and we found a way to win. Good sign. Better than the dross of previous months.