Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Window 2017

Default Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017

Dreamt we signed VVD in the upcoming transfer window. Ain't this a b*tch that I'm dreaming about Liverpool Football Club's transfer activities!
    "Yeah-it's the only house we have. Liverpool is my home and I will come back."- Rafa Benitez

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    So, apparently the impasse with Can is that he wants a release clause in his contract and we don't want to give one.

It doesn't make a ton of sense to me to let a player leave (potentially to United or Chelsea if the internet is to be believed) on a free at the end of the season, when the alternative is to stick a €100mm release clause in his contract.
    I must have missed this, but if true, then we're kind of stuck right now. We do however already have Phil's replacement sorted in Keita, and at this stage of proceedings, I'd happily write in a deal where we either keep him, or get £50m+, than nothing as it seems will pan out.

Administrator

As good a place as any. Game not over, but Rhian Brewster has scored a hat trick against Brazil in the U-17 WC Semi-final.

Administrator

Just read he also got a hat trick in the quarters. England won 3-1 and face Spain or Mali in the final.

Brewster, Woodburn, Masterson, Gomes, Lennon…..

Administrator

England beat Spain 5-2 in the final having been 2-0 down. Brewster got 1, winning the Golden Boot with 8 goals.

England genuinely have a great crop of youngsters from U21's through to U16's. The best I can ever remember. Beating teams like Brazil, Germany and Spain all year. The last golden generation never achieved this level of success.

Spain has this sort of youth set-up, they went on to win Euro and World Cups.Certain the Germany team that won the World Cup 2014 all won youth tournaments together.

Easier for them to get top flight experience in Spain and Germany, even if on loan, but these lads have the ability to challenge for 1st team spots in the next few years, previous U21's / U18's haven't.

Scary how many Chelsea have on their books. Foden from Man City was the most impressive for me, incredible balance. Brewster a natural scorer that will rip the U23's apart this season. Shame there isn't really room for him in any other way but a bit of muscle in the next 9 months I wouldn't be surprised to see him make an impact next year with Woodburn also.

Even great shame that we have no defenders in the England youth set-up. As they would get opportunities..........

Quote Originally Posted by Delaware Red View Post
    Even great shame that we have no defenders in the England youth set-up. As they would get opportunities..........
    Gomez? TAA?
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Administrator

Keita January watch.

RB Leipzig 3rd in group next 2 games - away to Monaco who are bottom and home to Besiktas who are top. Not inconceivable that they don't even make the Europa League. But they are 3rd in Germany only 4 points off the top. But maybe they'd take a premium for Keita in January?

Administrator

Reports in the press that Can won't sign new contract as offered (wants a release clause) and will start negotiating with other clubs (read: Juve) on January 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkand View Post
    Reports in the press that Can won't sign new contract as offered (wants a release clause) and will start negotiating with other clubs (read: Juve) on January 1st.
    With any luck he'll negotiate a low release clause with Juve. He'll get paid a lot of money by Italian standards. If he comes good (outplays his salary) we can always buy him at his release price and pay him the money he will then be worth. Which he isn't worth now.

Nothing personal, just business.
    ‘How many mistakes are you allowed?’ Klopp asked the fourth official. ‘Because if it’s 15, you’ve got one left.’