Thread: A cold-ish Wednesday night in L4. Bournemouth home.

Administrator

Default A cold-ish Wednesday night in L4. Bournemouth home.

Official team.

Mignolet,

Clyne, Klavan, Lovren, Milner

Lucas, Can, Wijnaldum,

Origi, Coutinho, Firmino.

Subs: Karius, Moreno, Matip, Alexander-Arnold, Grujic, Woodburn, Sturridge.

Manč out, but we have to be winning games like this to continue the top 4 push. Let the others keep taking points from each other. Think even with games in hand, CL qualification is in our own hands.

Default Re: A cold-ish Wednesday night in L4. Bournemouth home.

Well, I gotta say I was a bit relieved to get the point. I said, half jokingly a few weeks ago we had the toughest run-in of all the CL contenders because after the bitters it was all dross - that is, our nemesis clubs. We have not worked out how to consistently put this type of opposition down, and we're running out of time to get it sorted.
    "A football team is like a piano. You need eight men to carry it and three who can play the damn thing."
    - Bill Shankly

Administrator

Usually I never obsess about a loss/draw. Happy with a win, annoyed with a loss, but it doesn't affect my life, overly.

However, I turned in the middle of the night, 3AM-ish, woke briefly and replayed King's equalizer in my head. F*uck! That goal has really, really annoyed me, especially Klavan turning the wrong way looking absolutely lost.

Thing is, how many of us are actually surprised about that result?

City losing, United drawing all in all not the end of the world, just means the pressure is cranked up again at Stoke. Usually a tough place to go to, the 3pm Saturday out of focus may lower the pre match hype a bit, but the press can happily now try to turn the heat on Klopp. A win last night and a draw away at Stoke wouldn't have looked so bad. This weekend you look at the fixtures and can't see any others in the top 6 dropping points, so as long as we keep our heads above water with a win we're in the driving seat, we have points in the bag.

The week after, I think teams in the top play each other again so someone has to drop points while we look on above them.

No Sturridge, even at 87 minutes and 2-2. Coutinho sick at HT and he brings on Matip. Wow.

I think we'll fall over the line in 4th, just. Depends if we see Hendo back anytime soon.

I think we'll