Thread: Liverpool v Burnley: Blowing up the bus

Default Liverpool v Burnley: Blowing up the bus

Liverpool host Burnley on Sunday tea-time, with most of the rest of the CL spot crowd having FA Cup ties to navigate. Burnley aren't great away from home, but we are pretty toothless against the agricultural sides.

Klopp will undoubtedly stick with the same format, though I would go with the following:

Mignolet

Clyne Matip Klavan Moreno

Milner Windjaldum

Mane Lallana Coutinho

Origi
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Default Re: Liverpool v Burnley: Blowing up the bus

Firmino potentially being out brings Divvy another opportunity, I'm not really looking to bring in Moreno and think that Emre needs to earn his new contract so throw him in.

Can't predict this it's the sort of game we should coast as Burnley have (I think) the worst away record in the league, but we can't put teams away so it's a game we typically lose 1-0 or draw 0-0 and go back to a social media despair.

3-0 Liverpool - Mane 1st goal.

Yes!

Finally, the red men turn out a 1st half performance that had my week ahead ruined before turning it around and scruffing it out. Maybe only Swansea away have we dug a result out we perhaps didn't deserve, we're going to need a few more of these if we're to make the top 4.

Nice to see Ben Woodburn getting decent minutes, certainly doesn't lack confidence.

Put some breathing space between us and Arsenal / United. Pressure on them to keep up, with Man City and Evert-n next, we needed to get maximum points yesterday so job done.

The very definition of winning ugly. I'll happily take the three points we ground out but sheesh some of the performances were dire. What on earth is the matter with Coutinho? He better show up for Citeh.
    "A football team is like a piano. You need eight men to carry it and three who can play the damn thing."
    - Bill Shankly

Taped the game, but saw the score, so made do with the highlights on MoTD. Not sure I missed much by the sounds of it.

We were due a lucky win. Nice to get one.
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp