Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Wilkommen Juergen

Default Re: Wilkommen Juergen

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkand View Post
    AS, the Spanish outlet that's, say, ummm, not exactly a paragon of reliability is reporting that Barca and Real are in a bidding war to sign Klopp as El Jefe and VVD for the fun of it. And there's not even an international break! So it must be true....
    I tend to take Juergen at his word, so I think he sees out his current contract, takes a year off, then ends up either at Bayern or coaching 'die Mannschaft'.
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Administrator

Obviously, like every Liverpool fan, I’m hoping he extends. Let’s see how persuasive FSG can be.

I’m guessing he’s not so motivated by money that it’ll just mean increasing his salary and he already has pretty much all the power he wants/needs in the Club. So extending will take excellent powers of persuasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I tend to take Juergen at his word, so I think he sees out his current contract, takes a year off, then ends up either at Bayern or coaching 'die Mannschaft'.
    I could see him taking over the national team but not Bayern,

When you've spent your whole career building up David to beat Goliath (and having all your best players poached from you) it seems unlikely that you suddenly want to go and lead the Evil Empire.

Unless he has sustained a sharp blow to the cranium I can't see him managing Bayern any more than he would Juventus or Barcelona or Real Madrid or PSG.

It was always his *dream* to manage Celtic however. /S

My guess is that Juergen sees out his contract, spends a year alternately skiing and water skiing, and then shows up at a press conference announcing his new team, Eibar.

Four years later Eibar wins the Champions League.
    Last edited by RobR; September 16th, 2019 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Added exetnded prediction for CL
    ‘How many mistakes are you allowed?’ Klopp asked the fourth official. ‘Because if it’s 15, you’ve got one left.’

I would tend to agree, but he's actually Bavarian (no idea what his youthful allegiances were) and Bayern holds a special place in the German firmament, so I wouldn't rule that one out. I mean would Barcelona not appeal?
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Anyone with a triple digit IQ would stay away from RM, Barca's a beautiful location but I can't imagine the club holds the same star appeal today as it once did.
    "A football team is like a piano. You need eight men to carry it and three who can play the damn thing."
    - Bill Shankly

Administrator

Triple digit? Anything above room temperature I would have thought.

Real is always going to be a peripatetic circus; the interesting problem is going to be Barcelona. Barcelona post-Messi.

Administrator

“We all know damn well that this game is for dreamers.”

Probably wasn’t his speech, but this was the article he penned on the back of his win last night.

Tifo on how our press has evolved. (This may not be the right thread for this post so feel free to relocate it.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeg5...ature=youtu.be
    ‘How many mistakes are you allowed?’ Klopp asked the fourth official. ‘Because if it’s 15, you’ve got one left.’

Administrator

Probably the best place to put this.

For all you data analysts and those interested in how the Club makes player and personnel decisions, an episode from Freakonomics Radio with the Director of Research for LFC, Ian Graham.

Interesting to hear how he was influential on the signing not only of Salah, but also of Klopp himself. Starts at about 42.00 minutes.

Juergen signs a contract extension to 2024. Good news and an early Christmas present.
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp