Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hillsborough-Anfield run

Melwood Apprentice

Default Hillsborough-Anfield run

On the April 12th next year me and up to 5 other runners will be running from Hillsborough to Anfield, that is two days at 30 miles and around 15 miles on the last day which is April 14th. That day we are playing Fulham at home and I am hoping the club will allow us to do a presentation to the HJC at half time or before kick off. I am in contact with the HJC and they are fully behind this run. At this time I am just getting the word out that this run will be going ahead and am trying to generate as much publicity as possible, at the moment my plan is to open it up to donations from the middle of Feb. If anyone has any ideas they would like to put forward then please do, this is very new to me and will listen to all advice given. Thanks, Dom

Melwood Apprentice

Default Re: Hillsborough-Anfield run

Yesterday we had James Pearce of the Liverpool echo do a good piece on the run for us, also the website is now up and running.

www.hillsborough-anfieldrun.co.uk

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liver...0252-29762286/

Melwood Apprentice

An interview we did on radio merseyside http://snd.sc/uJ8fGw

Administrator

You'd never know who might turn up on that clip.

Just worth bumping this...it's a great cause, and will be featured on the upcoming episode of MP Red.

Their press officer seems like an oddball, though...Mark Knopfler?

"Well, so what, What's wrong with being sexy? I mean, there's nothing wrong with that". Nigel Tufnel

Quote Originally Posted by suspiria View Post
    Just worth bumping this...it's a great cause, and will be featured on the upcoming episode of MP Red.

Their press officer seems like an oddball, though...Mark Knopfler?
    Can we move this into the main thread because it seem buried here and as you say Sus. It is for a very important cause and deserve all the attention it can get.
    "Yeah-it's the only house we have. Liverpool is my home and I will come back."- Rafa Benitez

Melwood Apprentice

Thanks for moving this, hopefully it can noticed a bit more in here. Loads of updates on the site if you take a look, Dom

Administrator

Jamie Carragher on board with a message of support........good thing he's not running the 76 miles, else it might take 5 days and not 3.

Administrator

Does the forum member who's gonna be running the 76 miles want to announce himself here?

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkand View Post
    Does the forum member who's gonna be running the 76 miles want to announce himself here?
    Can I guess that it is someone who currently seems to go running every weekend at the expense of watching football and drinking beer
    "Yeah-it's the only house we have. Liverpool is my home and I will come back."- Rafa Benitez