Page 1 of 55 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: And our new owner is NESV. UPDATED: FSG!

Default And our new owner is NESV. UPDATED: FSG!

Thought it would be good to draw a line in the ownership saga and start afresh. (I'm certain there is still plenty to say in the previous owner's thread)

I'm encouraged that he is speaking about listening and keeping Broughton on in a transitional role. I know I personally worried at times about Broughton's agenda and I'm glad he took the stick from worriers like myself and kept his cards close to his chest.

I also like that Henry wants to "meet the fans" on our own ground. I think that is the right decision.

Default Re: And our new owner is NESV.

Quote Originally Posted by Red All Over View Post

I also like that Henry wants to "meet the fans" on our own ground. I think that is the right decision.
    To me the best way to instill fan confidence is to let us buy into the club. That is the way to go forward. Do that John Henry and we will believe anything you say.
    "Yeah-it's the only house we have. Liverpool is my home and I will come back."- Rafa Benitez

Quote Originally Posted by Nomer the Red View Post
    To me the best way to instill fan confidence is to let us buy into the club. That is the way to go forward. Do that John Henry and we will believe anything you say.
    It may be part of their long term plan. Who knows. But they at least know how to do good PR and say all the right things.

Great point...lets talk NESV and nothing else now, onwards and upwards, i am so looking forward to what NESV and J Henry will have to say and do over the next few weeks/months.
    I was impressed with his answere when asked if he would attend the Derby game at Everton..!

His responce was.."i want my first experience of liverpool football club to be at home and not away"

Coincidently my tickets have just arrived for the Napoli game on the 21st, i wonder if this will be the first home game that he will attend... i am cautiously excited about our future
    "I will leave no stone unturned in my quest, that quest will be "RENTLESS" in putting liverpool back on the map as a successful football club; "BRENDAN RODGERS".

Anfield Sub

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/liver...c-sold-to-nesv

This is from the OS, they are making the right noises and not big time Charlie promises, which gets the nod from me.

Now we need to watch them closely and see where their intentions really lie
    "Where are you from?", "I'm a Liverpool fan from London", "Well laddie...what's it like to be in heaven?" - Bill Shankly

Quote Originally Posted by Nomer the Red View Post
    Aside from the last sentence, I'm with you, Nomer....

Too soon to get excited but will give the benefit of the doubt for now. But let's just hope it's not a case of deja vu all over again.

I'd personally love a clean slate come January - new management team bar Ayre and possibly Nash behind the scenes and (sorry) new management team on the football side as well.

Onwards and upwards, please...
    Dalglish - The King in the North(west)

Absolutely - they seem to have guaged the fans correctly. That is something at the moment but we are here long term. I'm delighted by new ownership but that in and of itself doesn't let them off the hook to be good stewards of the club.

Quote Originally Posted by ConnieLFC View Post
    Aside from the last sentence, I'm with you, Nomer....

Too soon to get excited but will give the benefit of the doubt for now. But let's just hope it's not a case of deja vu all over again.

I'd personally love a clean slate come January - new management team bar Ayre and possibly Nash behind the scenes and (sorry) new management team on the football side as well.

Onwards and upwards, please...
    I agree with what you say Connie, I think that other than Ayre and Nash we should revamp the management team.

I think Henry better take notice of how us fans worked our arses off to make Hicks and Gillett live miserable after they lied to us.
    "Yeah-it's the only house we have. Liverpool is my home and I will come back."- Rafa Benitez

Walton, Liverpool ... not far from Anfield & Goodison

I thought NESV read NSFW. :O But all joking aside, it's good that we've got the new owners and with all this hype, I can only wish them to best of luck and very little elbow-grease to do better than Hicks/Gillet!
    TGLucario- YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE

we need another decent forward...who will take the chances afforeded him....will we now struggle to maintain our hold on second spot.... - birkenheadred

maybe Connie could be our Forward player we need ... she'll scare away the defenders to leave an open path to good - TGL

H'mmm, the new Michael Owen! Cute and scary at the same time! - Uncle Spike

R.I.P. Rocol - You'll Never Walk Alone

Having finally got rid of those two horrible, horrible b*stards (and I'm still pinching myself to make sure its true at long last!), there is an understandable temptation to go completely overboard on the celebrations, and welcome the new guys with open arms and big cuddles!

SOS summed up the proper attitude to new owners brilliantly... "we will extend one hand in a handshake of welcome, and in the other hand will be a list of questions." In the frenzy of delight at getting rid of the gruesome twosome, it is all too easy to forget that the people who have replaced them are not thereby automatically Saints or Messiahs.

John Henry and NESV seem to be making all the right noises so far, but of course it is still far too early to make any sort of judgements about them. For the moment it is probably enough that they are NOT Gillett and Hicks, but the glow of celebrations will fade and then we will want to know a bit more about their plans and strategy.

I am very interested in their views on the stadium. Though they have emphasised they have made no decisions yet, they have already introduced the possibility of rebuilding and extending Anfield, rather than building a completely new stadium. Anybody who has ever been to Anfield will realise that that will almost certainly mean demolishing surrounding properties, and my understanding was that the club had already concluded they they could not acquire all the necessary properties in any direction. Could Scouse Paul or one of the locally based forum members confirm if that is still the case?

I have to say, if extending Anfield WAS possible, I would much rather go for that, since it is the club's spiritual home, and a legendary venue throughout the football world. But I do recognise that many on the City Council might be pissed off, as they were hoping a new stadium in Stanley Park would lead a regeneration of the whole area. But on the other hand, is it fair for the Council to expect the Liverpool FC owners to take the lead in that? Regardless of what Hicks and Gillett promised when they took over, John Henry and NESV have been careful to promise nothing in regard of the stadium. It will be very interesting to see what line they eventually take.

Another keen area of interest will be what is their attitude to the transfer market? Will they lessen the financial restrictions of Gillet and Hicks, allowing us to bid for top players, or will they take a very similar cautious approach?

Perhaps before we get to the transfer market, their views on the current Manager are important, since they are hardly likely to give money to spend to someone they don't trust or rate. I wonder how John Henry will rate Roy Hodgson?

It's going to be fascinating to see how the NEW OWNERS handle themselves over the next few weeks. And I put that bit in red, just to remind myself we've got some!

For that alone. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!
    1977*1978*1981*1984*2005* "We'll remember, with advantages, what feats we did those days!" Henry V