Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Ingurland Gruel Brittania Thread

Default Re: Ingurland Gruel Brittania Thread

Great goal by Andy Carroll, but that aside, he looked out of touch and not match-fit, lumbering around without much pace to achieve anything on the ground. True, he was not best served by some inaccurate crossing, and so his air power was not properly exploited, but his overall performance gave credence to reports that he is still overweight and rusty.

Still, the most important things were that he scored a good goal to restore his confidence, and escaped uninjured from a fairly pointless match.

Some reasonable moves going forward by England, and Wiltshire and Young played fairly well (though a horrendous miss of an open goal by Young, every bit as bad as Maxi's, earlier this season). But shaky in defence, and they clearly missed their first choice defenders a lot more than they did their midfielders and striker.

But I would ask this..... why on earth would you pay good money for a ticket for a meaningless England friendly, knowing full well that you would end up watching second choice players and substitutions for the sake of it in the second half? I'm astonished that yet again the Ingurlund punters fell for it and there was a sell-out crowd at Wembley last night.
    1977*1978*1981*1984*2005* "We'll remember, with advantages, what feats we did those days!" Henry V

The sell out was mainly down to the 20,000+ Ghana fans.

Couldn't care less how effective Carroll looked in a team that he has trained with for a couple of days, that hardly knew each other.

From what I saw earlier in the season, he's not the most agile or mobile player in the world, and will never look like one.

He creates space though just through his sheer size and presence, and last night without the understanding that didn't really make much difference.

However, he can strike a ball and that was a great finish.

Your point on service is a good one, hoping that we add to the quality of providers in the summer as I'm not convinced it's good enough currently.

Interesting the players we are being linked with were all on show last night. Thought Gary Cahill was very solid. Jarvis I didn't see much of and Ashley Young I'm a fan of even though he didn't have a great game.

Great that Carroll got an hour of fitness, looking forward to him linking up with on form Suarez and Kuyt at West Brom this weekend.

Strangely I'm coming around to being confident now about 3 points and sending Woy down!

So on the basis of the following form:
    - Home Draw to Switzerland (30th)
    - Home Draw to Ghana (36th)
    - Away Win at Wales (117th)
    - Away Win at Denmark (21st)
    - Home Loss to France (15th)

England move to the 4th best team in the world?

Sounds like someone needs to reboot the computer...
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Probably still making up for the last world cup with Lampard's disallowed goal and trying to keep them sweet for the FIFA proceedings... See all very easily explained. What do you mean it is supposed to be about what is happening on the pitch now?

I hate international breaks.
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

And Ferguson moaning about his players getting picked for Internationals - there is a good answer to that. Don't buy in International quality players. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Red All Over View Post
    And Ferguson moaning about his players getting picked for Internationals - there is a good answer to that. Don't buy in International quality players. Sheesh.
    In fact, buy Joe Cole, Christian Poulsen, and David Ngog and you too can sleep soundly during the international break.
    ‘How many mistakes are you allowed?’ Klopp asked the fourth official. ‘Because if it’s 15, you’ve got one left.’

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I hate international breaks.
    Yep, still hate 'em.
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Yep, still hate 'em.
    Adam injured. Sux.
    "Yeah-it's the only house we have. Liverpool is my home and I will come back."- Rafa Benitez

England not to win
    Rooney not to score
    Bale to score

Cmon Wales!
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp