Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Ingurland Gruel Brittania Thread

Default Re: Ingurland Gruel Brittania Thread

They have plenty of attacking options, however I don't think he's capable of unleashing it. He seems hell bent on playing Wilshire who is clearly not fit to play football at the highest level. We've seen with Sturridge, who in the end has been superbly managed in terms of restricting his football to get the most out of him in the last 3 months, that you just can't be sharp enough with a handful of games, what will be less than 500 minutes on the pitch come the first game.

This is just friggin' hilarious. It's not like it's even the first time he got caught out (I guess 'Far East Businessman' is the new 'Arab Sheikh'). Don't know how much he is on as England coach, but I'm sure it's a lot (England always overpay). What a numpty.
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Administrator

Not saying that I like Fat Sam (I don't), but I think he's got to go. Not only did he sit down with these "businessmen", he brought along his agent and his financial adviser. To discuss circumventing FA and FIFA statutes; I wonder if there's some tax evasion/avoidance issues that HMRC might also be interested in.

He might have a brain for football and tactics (allegedly), but he's a complete naïf and foolish innocent in street smarts, it would appear.

We have 4 dogs and I'd be reasonably certain that 2 and maybe 3 of them, possibly all 4, would have handled these "businessmen" more astutely. It sounds as if he's auditioning for a senior role in the Trump campaign.

As Dave says, this is hilarious.

The guy is as bent as a 9 bob note, always has been. He's old school, as in, he's a bully that likes to hear the sound of his own voice and get what he wants. Fair play to him and the way that he's made his way in the game form being a hack lower league centre half (my first memory of FAT SAM was seeing my Dad with a black eye after a Preston North End v Rochdale game in 1986, Allardyce was marking him that day) up to being a "top class manager" and "renowned pundit".

He's got himself out of the lower leagues with Notts County (which is where I really got to know him as I was trying to make it professionally in the game as a teenager) and into a good job at Bolton, where he made a fist of keeping the small team up by getting a few unique signings in Jay Jay Okocha and Djorkaef (I wonder if he trousered any money from those deals) and having a long ball to the big man get in and at them style of play.

It failed at Newcastle but he was well on the gravy train with Sky TV by then having been pals with Andy Gray and Richard Keys, two men of similar character......

£3m a year to manage your country, and you still want to be the "Big I am" in a restaurant.

Not often these days that people actually get what they deserve, but it would be beautiful if we fired.

Anfield Sub

The FA needs to bring in someone above reproach who avoids all this old boy, money grubbing shadiness...someone like Harry Redknapp.

Administrator

Gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkand View Post
    Gone.
    ... but *undefeated*!
    ‘How many mistakes are you allowed?’ Klopp asked the fourth official. ‘Because if it’s 15, you’ve got one left.’

Administrator

Reckon he's collected a bundle from Paddy Power, retiring on 100% record. Best that Alf Ramsey!

Unbelievable, Fat Sam outdid himself this time. I reckon it'll be Pardoo next unless the FA want a quick repeat of this episode with Harry the Bung.
    "A football team is like a piano. You need eight men to carry it and three who can play the damn thing."
    - Bill Shankly

The thing I find most disturbing about this is the following quote:

Wearing a suit, and a shirt unbuttoned to the navel,
    *Shudder*
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp