Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LFCNY Football @ Chelsea Piers

Melwood Apprentice

Default LFCNY Football @ Chelsea Piers

Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong section here but I'm going to attend LFCNY football for the first time and needed some more info.

The LFCNY Club e-mail didn't say what time to show up on Thursday. I think I heard one of the guys at the bar mention 7 PM but can someone please confirm this for me.

I wondering if we will be playing indoors or outdoors? I was told to bring a red shirt and a white one. What other things would I need to bring that isn't obvious? If we play indoors do they allow cleats or do I have to buy a pair of indoor shoes? Thanks for the info.

Default Re: LFCNY Football @ Chelsea Piers

Quote Originally Posted by HartyLFC View Post
    Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong section here but I'm going to attend LFCNY football for the first time and needed some more info.

The LFCNY Club e-mail didn't say what time to show up on Thursday. I think I heard one of the guys at the bar mention 7 PM but can someone please confirm this for me.

I wondering if we will be playing indoors or outdoors? I was told to bring a red shirt and a white one. What other things would I need to bring that isn't obvious? If we play indoors do they allow cleats or do I have to buy a pair of indoor shoes? Thanks for the info.
    Harty,
    The field is outdoor and I would recommend turf boots instead of cleats but the field has enough give for you to play in cleats and yes we start at 7PM. Other than lots of water I can't think of anything else that would might need.
    "Yeah-it's the only house we have. Liverpool is my home and I will come back."- Rafa Benitez

Melwood Apprentice

Thanks for the info Jerome. See ya down there.

Melwood Apprentice

Default Lfcny @ Chelsea Piers

Hello,

my name is Wan, and I am new to LFCNY. I am a Liverpool fan from San Francisco, and I was at San Siro last year to watch the game against Inter.

Anyways, I read in the previous message that the supporters club is playing at chelsea piers on thursday, and I was wondering if it is okay for me to attend. I don't receive any emails, so I'm assuming that I have to register or do something else in order to hear from the club...but I'm not exactly sure where to do so.

Please let me know about that. Thank you very much.

Melwood Apprentice

I didn't see your post before yesterday wan but I obviously did see you at the game so i'm glad you didn't miss out.

For anyone else who is wondering whether to come the more the merrier. People of all skill levels come down.

1st Team Regular RED CARD

I'm planning on coming this Thursday...is it ok if we bring people not affiliated with LFCNY?

I'm planning on making the trip up tonight from the Jersey shore, but wanted to make sure that the game is on rain or shine, seeing as the field is outdoors?

Rain or Shine

No rain is forecast in New York tonight

I feel i have been living back home for the month

Should be fairly decent conditions for playing football not that hot/humid today

Quote Originally Posted by LIRed View Post
    Rain or Shine

No rain is forecast in New York tonight

I feel i have been living back home for the month

Should be fairly decent conditions for playing football not that hot/humid today
    Excellent! Really looking forward to my 11th Street pickup footy debut

Great night playing with the guys again. Wasn't at a bar, but the same camaradrie. Back feeling stiff again, but should be fine for next week!
    "Everybody here wants the same thing and that's to win games. We can do that if we all stay together."
    -Kenny Dalglish, January 2011-