Thread: Sami - a true sports hero

Melwood Apprentice

Default Sami - a true sports hero

This appeared in tonights Liverpool Echo - when you hear of all the crap and mayhem created by so called megastar premiership players, Sami Hyppia is a shining light and an example to everyone in and not in football - top guy:

LIVERPOOL footballer Sami Hyypia today forked out almost £23,000 to rescue a Merseyside hospital charity appeal.
    The iconic Reds defender stepped in to make up the shortfall for a playroom at a new Arrowe Park children’s accommodation complex.

It is being named after the late broadcaster Phil Easton, who died last month aged 59.

The 35-year-old heard about Radio City’s Cash for Charity appeal to help fund a seven-room £850,000 Ronald McDonald House in Wirral.

Today big-hearted Finn Hyypia told the ECHO: “My youngest boy was born in Arrowe Park and from my own experience I know the fantastic work that the staff do.

“As a parent myself I realise how difficult it must be if a child is being treated in hospital for a serious illness and I wanted to make some contribution to enable this facility to be built.”

After hearing about the appeal Sami rang the radio station and promised to meet any shortfall needed to reach the £50,000 target.

Default Re: Sami - a true sports hero

Quote Originally Posted by maddie View Post
    This appeared in tonights Liverpool Echo - when you hear of all the crap and mayhem created by so called megastar premiership players, Sami Hyppia is a shining light and an example to everyone in and not in football - top guy:

LIVERPOOL footballer Sami Hyypia today forked out almost £23,000 to rescue a Merseyside hospital charity appeal.
    The iconic Reds defender stepped in to make up the shortfall for a playroom at a new Arrowe Park children’s accommodation complex.

It is being named after the late broadcaster Phil Easton, who died last month aged 59.

The 35-year-old heard about Radio City’s Cash for Charity appeal to help fund a seven-room £850,000 Ronald McDonald House in Wirral.

Today big-hearted Finn Hyypia told the ECHO: “My youngest boy was born in Arrowe Park and from my own experience I know the fantastic work that the staff do.

“As a parent myself I realise how difficult it must be if a child is being treated in hospital for a serious illness and I wanted to make some contribution to enable this facility to be built.”

After hearing about the appeal Sami rang the radio station and promised to meet any shortfall needed to reach the £50,000 target.
    And Stevie is donating ... a shirt...
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Walton, Liverpool ... not far from Anfield & Goodison

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    And Stevie is donating ... a shirt...

yeah, the shirt that he's gonna wear against Real Madrid on Tuesday
    TGLucario- YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE

we need another decent forward...who will take the chances afforeded him....will we now struggle to maintain our hold on second spot.... - birkenheadred

maybe Connie could be our Forward player we need ... she'll scare away the defenders to leave an open path to good - TGL

H'mmm, the new Michael Owen! Cute and scary at the same time! - Uncle Spike

R.I.P. Rocol - You'll Never Walk Alone

Quote Originally Posted by TGL{TGLiverpool F.C.}LFC² View Post
    yeah, the shirt that he's gonna wear against Real Madrid on Tuesday
    I know it's a bit churlish of me to pooh pooh Stevie's generous contribution of a sweaty shirt he didn't pay for. It will surely get a few bob for the hospital, too, but somewhat pales in comparison with Sami's gesture...
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I know it's a bit churlish of me to pooh pooh Stevie's generous contribution of a sweaty shirt he didn't pay for. It will surely get a few bob for the hospital, too, but somewhat pales in comparison with Sami's gesture...
    Haven't we had enough dick measuring for one week?
    Liverpool is the capital of itself

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Paul View Post
    Haven't we had enough dick measuring for one week?
    I thought it was kosher to measure other people's, just not our own...
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp