• Dirk Kuyt

0 0%
  • Ryan Babel

0 0%
  • Steven Gerrard

8 32.00%
  • Fernando Torres

15 60.00%
  • Subs: Andrea Dossena, Jay Spearing, Lucas Leiva (specify sub in a post, pls)

0 0%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v. Real Madrid: The Fortress Anfield eruption awaits... (2nd. Leg)

Default Re: Liverpool v. Real Madrid: The Fortress Anfield eruption awaits... (2nd. Leg)

Phenomenal performance, such a shame I couldn't make it but still a sweet, sweet victory.

Torres MOM for me, really sharp. One point in the first half he tracked back and nipped the ball off a real players foot to one of our defenders and bounced back up and was off running looking for a return. I turned and smiled to a lad in the pub and said "bring him off now, he's fit and ready for United"

Tried to listen out for the boo's when Lucas came on but didn't come over on the TV, can't believe there were still idiots booing though...

Would just be the iceing on the cake if United went out tonight now!

Administrator

Default Re: Liverpool v. Real Madrid: The Fortress Anfield eruption awaits... (2nd. Leg)

Don't usually like The Mail, but this is funny..............

“Pulverised. There is no other word for it. Fittingly, for a team nicknamed The Meringues (Los Merengues), Real Madrid were splattered and dispersed over a wide area of Anfield in the manner of an airy fairy dessert. One that has been run over by a steamroller. Then another one. Then a herd of rampaging elephants. Driving more steamrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkand View Post

“Pulverised. There is no other word for it. Fittingly, for a team nicknamed The Meringues (Los Merengues), Real Madrid were splattered and dispersed over a wide area of Anfield in the manner of an airy fairy dessert. One that has been run over by a steamroller. Then another one. Then a herd of rampaging elephants. Driving more steamrollers.”
    Love the elephants bit. Fitting anyway as I'm sure that's what Stevie sounds like charging up the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkand View Post

A masterpiece of journalistic understatement, I must say. I have held back from saying this until a night to sleep on it, but I really can't remember a more fluid, powerful and totally dominating 45 minutes of football from Liverpool than last night's first half. Real were first shocked and then completely overrun - one imagined the Reds were operating at another speed range entirely. What good stuff...
    "A football team is like a piano. You need eight men to carry it and three who can play the damn thing."
    - Bill Shankly

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Paul View Post
    Mascherano is back to his best (although the yellow for booting the ball away was unforgiveable),
    especially as he will now miss the 1st Leg of the quarter finals.

Quote Originally Posted by LIRed View Post
    especially as he will now miss the 1st Leg of the quarter finals.
    Step forward Lucas Leiva.

Just a reminder that the joint QF/SF draw is next Friday, March 20th.
    Dalglish - The King in the North(west)

Anfield Sub

Picked up this quote from a Spanish newspaper..........

"A stellar Torres knocked Madrid to the ground and Gerrard buried them."

Quite accurate I thought, this is one of the nicer things they wrote
    "Where are you from?", "I'm a Liverpool fan from London", "Well laddie...what's it like to be in heaven?" - Bill Shankly

Administrator

BUMP!

Had to dig deep for this one. But the English press (largely) are harking the demolition of Real by Spurs and how it augurs a new dawn in PL football, the likes of which has never been seen before, that Spurs are the biggest greatest most wonderful thing ever seen in Europe, that there's now hope for world peace.

Give me a f'cking break!
    Last edited by Samarkand; November 2nd, 2017 at 02:37 PM.

Yeah, the press were creaming themselves about the draw in Madrid as well. Didn't we beat them or was that Barcelona?
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp