• Dirk Kuyt

0 0%
  • Ryan Babel

0 0%
  • Steven Gerrard

8 32.00%
  • Fernando Torres

15 60.00%
  • Subs: Andrea Dossena, Jay Spearing, Lucas Leiva (specify sub in a post, pls)

0 0%
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v. Real Madrid: The Fortress Anfield eruption awaits... (2nd. Leg)

Default Liverpool v. Real Madrid: The Fortress Anfield eruption awaits... (2nd. Leg)

Thought I'd get this thread running as we've been hit with some bad news today and could effect our approach to the home leg.

Looks like Arbeloa might not make it back from injury by then with Jamie a very high possiblity to fill in with some selection variations. Undoubtedly, Ramos will unleash Sneijder to exploit the transition.

One game at a time, but I've been constantly thinking about this match since last Wednesday!

Walton, Liverpool ... not far from Anfield & Goodison

Default Re: Liverpool v. Real Madrid: The Fortress Anfield eruption awaits... (2nd. Leg)

cant complain about you wanting to post the thread a tad early

hopefully we can get a win at home .. if not ... a 1-1 draw at best
    TGLucario- YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE

we need another decent forward...who will take the chances afforeded him....will we now struggle to maintain our hold on second spot.... - birkenheadred

maybe Connie could be our Forward player we need ... she'll scare away the defenders to leave an open path to good - TGL

H'mmm, the new Michael Owen! Cute and scary at the same time! - Uncle Spike

R.I.P. Rocol - You'll Never Walk Alone

1st Team Regular

Lightbulb Re: Liverpool v. Real Madrid: The Fortress Anfield eruption awaits... (2nd. Leg)

'Liverpool are the number one team in Europe, according to Uefa's co-efficient ranking system.

Wednesday's famous 1-0 victory over Real Madrid at the Bernabeu propelled the Reds to the top of the official Uefa table for the first time since 1985.

The complicated system ranks clubs on their performances in European competition over the past five years, with points being awarded for matches won and the standard of opposition.'

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drill...90227-1200.htm

Default Re: Liverpool v. Real Madrid: The Fortress Anfield eruption awaits... (2nd. Leg)

Quote Originally Posted by Socratease View Post
    'Liverpool are the number one team in Europe, according to Uefa's co-efficient ranking system.

Wednesday's famous 1-0 victory over Real Madrid at the Bernabeu propelled the Reds to the top of the official Uefa table for the first time since 1985.

The complicated system ranks clubs on their performances in European competition over the past five years, with points being awarded for matches won and the standard of opposition.'

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drill...90227-1200.htm
    All very nice, but ultimately meaningless.... and will not last long if the mancs manage to win the Champion's League again this season.

I genuinely believe that we are one of the very few teams who are capable of beating the mancs in Europe. The much vaunted Inter-Milan seem to have shot their bolt with a toothless performance in the San Siro..... and I wouldn't put much money on their chances at Old Trafford. That means the mancs will be through to the quarters, where we should be able to join them after our away win at the Bernabau.

The Champion's League now represents Liverpool's last realistic chance of a trophy this season. The mancs are the biggest threats, and thats why I want them in either the quarters or the semi. Over two legs, and with a European Anfield night, I think we can beat them. I would be a lot less optimistic about a one-off game in the Final.

So lets clear Madrid out of the way, preferably with a performance to scare the rest of Europe, including the mancs. Gerrard and Torres back with all guns blazing, and the whole team firing on all cylinders!
    1977*1978*1981*1984*2005* "We'll remember, with advantages, what feats we did those days!" Henry V

I blame Saturday's result on Spike starting the Boro thread two games in advance...woe to LFCF if this has the same effect.

Well, really...

..But seriously. A lot can happen between now and next Tuesday. Right now all focus must be on tomorrow. Even if the league title is possibly beyond us now, there is still a lot to play for.
    Dalglish - The King in the North(west)

1st Team Regular RED CARD

Quote Originally Posted by ConnieLFC View Post
    I blame Saturday's result on Spike starting the Boro thread two games in advance...woe to LFCF if this has the same effect.

Well, really...

..But seriously. A lot can happen between now and next Tuesday. Right now all focus must be on tomorrow. Even if the league title is possibly beyond us now, there is still a lot to play for.
    Even if the league is beyond us I place GREAT value on second place. It still shows progression, and finishing above Chelsea will be very satisfying, and not having to play those mundane CL qualifiers to start the season. Plus it rewards us for our record against "the big 4." To beat Chelsea twice, and United at least once and finish in 3rd would be disheartening.

1st Team Regular

Quote Originally Posted by TRDW View Post
    Even if the league is beyond us I place GREAT value on second place. It still shows progression, and finishing above Chelsea will be very satisfying, and not having to play those mundane CL qualifiers to start the season. Plus it rewards us for our record against "the big 4." To beat Chelsea twice, and United at least once and finish in 3rd would be disheartening.
    Doesn't that better belong in the Sunderland thread?

We need to win Europe now, just to deny the asdfhoawuwefiua Mancs the "historical quintuple".

We need to beat them at Cold Trafford and they need to fall out of Europe, that's all we can do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ConnieLFC View Post
    I accept full responsibility for our defeats in the 1996 FA Cup Final, and 2007 Champions League Final..... because I was at work on both occasions, and so unable to watch wearing my lucky scarf!!!

But I'm b*ggered if I'm accepting the blame for the Riverside debacle. That was all Benitez's own work!
    1977*1978*1981*1984*2005* "We'll remember, with advantages, what feats we did those days!" Henry V

You're not paying attention Spike, Benitez claims it was Torres fault for being injured.

1st Team Regular

clocks go forward this weekend so game is a 3.45 start,i think?!