Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Man City a-go-go... Biggest club in the world, my arse!

Angry Man City a-go-go... Biggest club in the world, my arse!

Former PM and Man City owner Thaksin Shinawatra convicted of corruption and sentenced to 2 years...

I think he's still in the UK. Anyone know for sure?
    "It's cool."
    - Jurgen Klopp

Default Re: Man City a-go-go... Biggest club in the world, my ****!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Former PM and Man City owner Thaksin Shinawatra convicted of corruption and sentenced to 2 years...

I think he's still in the UK. Anyone know for sure?
    Only what has been stated on National news channels, they all say that he is resident in the uk.....i wonder if he will be aloud to keep his honourary chairmanship of Man city now both he and his wife have been convicted in there absence...
    "I will leave no stone unturned in my quest, that quest will be "RENTLESS" in putting liverpool back on the map as a successful football club; "BRENDAN RODGERS".

I won't know what to think if this Kaka deal comes off... 500mm a week?!?!?!?!?!?!?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ty/7830199.stm
    Dalglish - The King in the North(west)

Quote Originally Posted by ConnieLFC View Post
    I won't know what to think if this Kaka deal comes off... 500mm a week?!?!?!?!?!?!?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ty/7830199.stm
    It will end in tears - both for Citeh who are serial fu(k up merchants and for English football as this marks another staging post in its spiralling out of control. Perhaps not directly, but if this deal goes through it will lead to one or more top flight side going out of business.
    Liverpool is the capital of itself

Ridiculous amounts of money, It seems to me City have no real plan in terms of how to build a successful team.

Hughes needs to stop the madness he is creating huge problems for himself and could be gone some time next season.

I mean Bridge is one a reported 90,000 a week (pounds) and he is a left back
    If they get Bellamy how much will he get 110,000.

What are they going to do with all the other forward players they have.

There priorities need to be in defense and defensive midfield.

This is absolute insanity!

God, I hope that the vast majority of the professional footballers out there understand that this is just a fluke. Then again, with all of the Maloudas, Ronaldos, Ballacks, Neills in the world will have an over-inflated value of themselves.

It's almost like 2004 when Abramovich seriously started to flex is financial muscle all over again, but on steroids! I do have to say it's hard to keep a straight face when I hear Mark Hughes talking about the future "he's" planning at Citeh. I'm sure his taxi will be waiting at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Paul View Post
    It will end in tears - both for Citeh who are serial fu(k up merchants and for English football as this marks another staging post in its spiralling out of control. Perhaps not directly, but if this deal goes through it will lead to one or more top flight side going out of business.
    Perhaps; perhaps not though as no one else can/will possibly compete with that kind of silly money.

It will end in tears - Hughes is a goner barring a miracle. If more megadeals happen (which have to, Kaka can't boost that team all by himself), they could easily become a manager-per-season outfit, with a bunch of disaffected players who will jump ship as soon as their so-bloated-can't-take-anymore wallets will allow.

What could be interesting is what happens to the showpony at Old Trafford if/when he's no longer the "only big gun in town". All that protection and love afforded Ronaldo by the refs would now be shown to Kaka - don't know that there's enough for the two to share. Though if Balague's right and CRon's off to Madrid in the summer...? Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by LIRed View Post
    Ridiculous amounts of money, It seems to me City have no real plan in terms of how to build a successful team.

Hughes needs to stop the madness he is creating huge problems for himself and could be gone some time next season.

I mean Bridge is one a reported 90,000 a week (pounds) and he is a left back
    If they get Bellamy how much will he get 110,000.

What are they going to do with all the other forward players they have.

There priorities need to be in defense and defensive midfield.
    You think Hughes really had anything to do with those decisions? He had to come out today to reassure people - mainly himself - that he *is* involved (which of course means he isn't). Dead man walking. Even if their performances turn around, there is no way the owners will keep a "Mark Hughes"-type in charge of an outfit holding a gazoogle million pounds worth of talent.

This has "Mourinho returns!" written all over it...

Walton, Liverpool ... not far from Anfield & Goodison

Money ... its the root of all evil

i just hope, that when city get all the big players ... the arabs sell the club for a teapot & bye-bye City ... massive debt & start around -50 points
    TGLucario- YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE

we need another decent forward...who will take the chances afforeded him....will we now struggle to maintain our hold on second spot.... - birkenheadred

maybe Connie could be our Forward player we need ... she'll scare away the defenders to leave an open path to good - TGL

H'mmm, the new Michael Owen! Cute and scary at the same time! - Uncle Spike

R.I.P. Rocol - You'll Never Walk Alone

Quote Originally Posted by ConnieLFC View Post
    You think Hughes really had anything to do with those decisions?

This has "Mourinho returns!" written all over it...
    I think the Kaka idea has come from the owner. I am not sure Hughes has a choice I mean he should say this is madness, but can he really say that.
    I mean which manager would not want Kaka or Messi.

Problem for him is once they get these star players and they do not win anything.

Mourinho returns could be a possibility.